Array
    Status
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Exclamation Compressor A/C Repair. help

I have a question. They know if you can repair the compressor Mitsubishi Mighty Max 1986, 2.6-liter, air conditioning compressor Model 2F401MH. This air conditioning compressor lubricant ran out and one of the connecting rods damage, and is locked. And another query if it could be rebuilt, could be converted to R134a as used R-12 refrigerant gas.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Not sure if it is worth rebuilding - new ones are about 140 on Ebay. If you do rebuild it or replace it, you can convert the system to R-134A. For best performance, replace the expansion valve on the evap coil under the dash with one for R-134A.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Alexander City, AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I'd go with the new style rotary type compressor as pennyman suggests. It uses about 1/2 the hp off your engine, so will allow better mpg's, not sap power (as badly), and they last a LOT longer, and degrade slower while using them as well.
    I bought the "kit" for mine a couple yrs ago. I had most everything needed, and was less than 300 for everything. You still need to get brackets and a few other parts from a pull it yard (best/cheapest way) or from someone parting an A/c'ed truck on here. (Unlikely, but possible, as many/most want/need A/c, especially if its already installed but needs a repair...
    If I get the parts truck I'm trying to swap my motorcycle for, and its got A/c, I'll sell u what u need off of it. I have new A/c on my white MMax, and the blue one I just got doesn't have it, so probably will remain non A/c.t least while I have it!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ^ what they said. Newer rotary style compressors are lighter, smaller and more efficient. The trick is matching up hoses/fittings.

Array
    Status
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Then better change for a more recent rotary compressor. And not a replacement for OEM compressor. Now what would be the conversion kit from R-12 to R134a refrigerant gas.

Array
    Status
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Because the air conditioning compressor MB276062 OEM part number. It even encunetra sale but not if it is an air conditioning compressor equal to having my Mighty Max or if a replacement with a rotary compressor. So I do the query.