Array
    Status
    Palmer, AK
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Question 88 dodge ram 50 2.0 litter muniki carb issue

When rebuilding the carb ( muniki 2 barrel) as it was taken apart a ball bearing looking thing fell out ( perhaps a check ball)
    Cant find a good diagram or video of where this ball goes. Does anyone know if these carbs have check ball or some thing similar and where they go. perhaps a diagram video or some thing you can post for us to look at thank you.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. This will be easy to find (and yes it's a check ball). Look down the tops of all the galleries in the carb body and you will see there's a couple of galleries going into the accelerator enrichment pump (the square alloy cover with an arm facing down from it to the throttle linkages) The check ball and the brass float go in the gallery closest to the carb throat side of the accelerator enrichment pump (check ball first, then the brass float on top of it - it looks like a little watch battery). And now you know never to flip these things over when pulling them apart but at least your check ball didn't disappear into a crack in the garage floor
    (like it does to everyone the first time they pull down one of these carbs...)

Array
    Status
    Palmer, AK
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Thank you, as soon as he gets home I will have him check this out sure he will understand it better than me. Though I do get the general idea as you explained it well. I am still learning how to work on these trucks he is much more skilled at it and don't want to mess any thing up When we get this done and put the water pump, and new muffler/exhaust in my new little beasty will be on the road. Cant wait to take my first camping and fishing trip here in Alaska with it.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Nice. If you google an exploded diagram of the Mikuni 32-35 you'll eventually find an image showing where the check ball and brass float go. The one I pulled up was a little sketchy but I wasn't prepared to take apart the 3 carbs I have to make sure lol (if I drop a check ball in my garage I ain't ever finding it!) These carbs are daunting to rebuild in comparison to most other manufacturers models. Hope you're on the road soon.