Array
    Status
    Erie, PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Grumppa's Matchbox toy.

Always listen to the Admin, so here we are in build threads.....I think.

Hi all; I won my new toy on e-BXX. Went down to Carlisle, Pennsylvania on Friday, tagged her, and drove her back 362 miles on Saturday. Halfway across I-80 the short-run cobwebs evidently got blown out and when I looked down, we were happily doing 86 MPH!! She had 46K on her when I got her. Body is basically immaculate and I plan on getting her Ziebarted if the place I had my '86 LeBaron convertible is still open. Someone Hershey Bar'd the two tone paint job, but she is covered right now, so paint can wait.

On my album, you can see what I replaced.....nice enough vehicle, but WAY more truck than I need; 4x4 and 7 MPG in the city. There is SOOOO much more oxygen in the garage now!!

The 50 is rated to haul everything the 1500 would, and with a backyard fix on the Mik choke is getting 18 MPG city! Plus, the 50's bed is bigger then the 1500!! BIG truck, BIG cab, small bed...sheesh!!

To do list (not in any particular order): Weber carburetor, Tonneau for the bed, seat covers, cruise control, delayed wipers, and I am playing at designing a Peltier chip based air cooling/conditioning module. Also looking for some extra wheels. That is it for now, updates as time allows. Thanks, all!!

Array
    Status
    Erie, PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    OK; to bring it up to date, Fixed several slow drips from various points (one source; the fuel pump bolts), delayed wipers are in and running, cruise control is in and running (some under hood pics in my album). The black box just right of the servo is a reservoir for vacuum. Playing with buying some $40 eBay bench seat covers for now, still looking for a tonneau to fit or modify, looking for 15 or 16 inch rims. That should keep me busy for now.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Now it's time to get some pictures up of what you are working on. To do that just click the Go Advanced button. It's the same as the photo album.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Erie, PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Rainy day update.

Cool and dreary here in Eerie today. I may go out and do some more buffing/ polishing later, right now I am chasing rims on local Craigslist. Also dickering over a tonneau, but no one seems to know how to operate a tape measure anymore.
    I also need to find the hot-idle speed adjust screw...she's a little slow. I hope the ECU is not in charge of that

My "part-time" security Guard job has developed a life of it's own. It woke up hungry this week and is eating a lot of my life .
    The work is not bad, but went from 2 nights/ 16 hours a week to 5 nights/ 30 hours week (on a regular week), 10:00PM to 04:00AM. The extra pin money is good, but I could be making more running a cash register at our local Aldies grocery w/ 'way more regular working hours.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    FYI - it was Hot wheels that made a D-50 die cast - 3 different colors - red with graphics, blue with graphics, and white with flames. All are from the Hi-jackers series with real rider rubber tires and were made from 1980 to 1985. I have managed to find all versions of these - the white one with flames is the hardest to find. There is also several versions of our 1st gen d-50s as a 1/25 scale plastic model.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    There is also several versions of our 1st gen d-50s as a 1/25 scale plastic model.
    I have one of those in my bedroom, it's "Off-roading" on a junk keyboard on my desk, lol. it's a 1/25 scale D50 with big tires on it, complete with a rollbar and off-road lights. Although i believe it was a model my dad built in the 80's, I think he put the model d50 body on a frame/axles/tires from a different model.

A shame they didn't make a real "Off-Road" package D50 from the factory with a Solid Axle and some lift/bigger tires.

Array
    Status
    Erie, PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I'd like to find a 1st Gen model w/ dual headlights...every thing I see on eBay has single headlights.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Don't think that model was evr made with dual headlights - the grille is the biggest difference. If I find the time, I may make the 4 light grille to match the 86 project truck - I have 3 unbuilt d-50 models.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Erie, PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Mr. Pennyman1;..... most interesting, look at the picts; definitely four headlights. I do not think anyone who could mount a shock upside-down would attempt a front facade change. Today I chased my dry metal-to-dry metal grunt again with no results. Occurs only after applying brakes and then goes away after awhile until brakes again. Driver's side, when the suspension works on a bump (lots of those in Eerie) or I spike the brakes to bounce the front end. Not the caliper, not a bushing I can see, not a ball joint, not the cross bar. I would suspect a bad shock, but it goes away after a couple minutes until I brake again. No check mark on my to-do list today!

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I was referring to the 1/25 scale model, not the 1/1 truck - my 86 is 4 headlights also.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Erie, PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I know Sir, I have seen Geronimo...I am told I have a very dry sense of humor, and obviously I did not make myself clear. If I own a four headlight 1986 Dodge RAM 50, then ONE of those model manufacturers SHOULD have the courtesy to make a four headlight 1986 Dodge RAM 50!! We four lamp people spend money (grudgingly) too!!

Array
    Status
    Erie, PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Spent the last couple of days pushing $670 worth of two-part foam into my living room walls, so I figured I would get out today and do a quick garage job. Started the "15 minute job" of replacing the OEM oxygen sensor. That was two hours ago, what I did not realize is the 15 minute part was after you disassemble half the upper exhaust system so you can get a socket on the sensor. I hope to finish the job tomorrow (after I mod the hole in the heat shield) . I just LOVE engineers!!