Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: I have a squeaky problem, can you help? Please. :)

  1. #1

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    05-15-2016
    Posts
    117
    Location

    Earth
    Vehicle

    1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

    G54B

    I have a squeaky problem, can you help? Please. :)

    The front of my truck is squeaking. I recently replaced the sway bar links, all of them. (the two front ones and the ones on each end of the sway bar. 4X4 Mitsubishi Mighty Max) I also replaced the shocks, all four of them. Furthermore, I replaced the front right idler arm. I tried fixing the problem by adding grease to all the bushings with zerk fittings on them to try and fix the problem, but no luck. What could be the problem?

    Here is a video to show you what the squeaking sounds like:
    https://vid.me/6woW

  2. #2

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    05-15-2016
    Posts
    117
    Location

    Earth
    Vehicle

    1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

    G54B
    I don't know where the edit button is, but I meant sway bar link bushings.

  3. #3

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    12-21-2013
    Posts
    1,033
    Location

    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

    1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

    4G64
    I couldn't get your link to do anything.

    I have a squeak in mine, though it's not a 4 x 4. It was difficult to locate, too, but i finally discovered it to be the A-frame pivot point on the frame. They don't have grease fittings, and are subject to constant movement.

    I saturated ihem, front and back, with spray lubricants...and tried many different types. I also just shot 30 wt oil in there with a horse syringe. That's definitely the location, and every so often i have to hit them again.

    Look and see if that is the source of your squeak.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

  4. #4

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    05-15-2016
    Posts
    117
    Location

    Earth
    Vehicle

    1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

    G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by royster View Post
    I couldn't get your link to do anything.

    I have a squeak in mine, though it's not a 4 x 4. It was difficult to locate, too, but i finally discovered it to be the A-frame pivot point on the frame. They don't have grease fittings, and are subject to constant movement.

    I saturated ihem, front and back, with spray lubricants...and tried many different types. I also just shot 30 wt oil in there with a horse syringe. That's definitely the location, and every so often i have to hit them again.

    Look and see if that is the source of your squeak.
    Hmm that's weird. Try opening the link in a different browser. Also thank you for the reply. I thought no one would help me, I appreciate it.

  5. #5



    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    03-16-2011
    Posts
    3,614
    Location

    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

    1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

    Chevy V6
    There is no video just audio on firefox win XP. Sounds like someone getting there brains (*#$@% out.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Check out the Fear Monger by
    clicking HERE.

    The MightyRam50 site is sponsored in part by On Site Concrete Inc.

  6. #6

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    05-15-2016
    Posts
    117
    Location

    Earth
    Vehicle

    1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

    G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by camoit View Post
    There is no video just audio on firefox win XP. Sounds like someone getting there brains (*#$@% out.
    Well, now I hope you realize why I want to get rid of this squeak. It's just plain annoying. XD

    The video isn't actually a "video", it's just sound of me moving the truck up and down to record the squeak.

  7. #7

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    06-15-2014
    Posts
    2,246
    Location

    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

    1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

    G63B
    Having to face that every time I'd get into the truck I'd either crank the tunes til the mirrors vibrate or just walk. That racket is aggravating at best.

  8. #8

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    12-21-2013
    Posts
    1,033
    Location

    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

    1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

    4G64
    Also thank you for the reply. I thought no one would help me, I appreciate it.
    Someone will ALWAYS help members out, just not always quickly.

    Let me know if my suggestion helped, and if I had the correct location of your squeak.

    I drive on gravel backroads, so it squeaked non-stop. It was worse than having a bitchy wife sitting next to me!
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

  9. #9

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    05-15-2016
    Posts
    117
    Location

    Earth
    Vehicle

    1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

    G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by royster View Post
    Someone will ALWAYS help members out, just not always quickly.

    Let me know if my suggestion helped, and if I had the correct location of your squeak.

    I drive on gravel backroads, so it squeaked non-stop. It was worse than having a bitchy wife sitting next to me!
    Oh man this forum sure puts a smile on my face. I'll make sure to post an update once I can get my hands on some spray grease.

  10. #10

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    12-21-2013
    Posts
    1,033
    Location

    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

    1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

    4G64
    You might want to start with just some penetrating oil spray: that "leads the way" for the thicker oils to come.

    I had to really keep at it, but it's under control now.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

  11. #11



    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    03-20-2011
    Posts
    4,115
    Location

    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

    1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

    G54B
    the best way to end the squeaking is to take the lower arms off and grease the inside of the bushings with Teflon trailer ball grease - I do it to Geronimo every couple of years and no squeaks. Geronimo has urethane bushings, but rubber works the same way.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

  12. #12

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    12-21-2013
    Posts
    1,033
    Location

    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

    1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

    4G64
    Thanks for the insight, Mr. Pennyman. Doesn't that task require a coil spring compresser? I had thought to do just what you suggest, but figured I'd need a coil spring compresser, and had concerns about front-end alignment issues.

    More details, sir?
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

  13. #13

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    05-15-2016
    Posts
    117
    Location

    Earth
    Vehicle

    1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

    G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by royster View Post
    Thanks for the insight, Mr. Pennyman. Doesn't that task require a coil spring compresser? I had thought to do just what you suggest, but figured I'd need a coil spring compresser, and had concerns about front-end alignment issues.

    More details, sir?
    Yes this. I hear moving parts like that could mean getting your vehicle aligned back again.

  14. #14



    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    03-20-2011
    Posts
    4,115
    Location

    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

    1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

    G54B
    I use a jack under the arm with the truck up on jackstands. The alignment won't change as long as you don't mess with the strut rods, tie rods, or upper control arms. If you have a 4wd, then you have to back off the torsion bars and that will affect the alignment.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

  15. #15

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    05-15-2016
    Posts
    117
    Location

    Earth
    Vehicle

    1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

    G54B
    Late Update: It's been a while since I fixed this, it was the ball joints that were squeaking. All good now.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •