1982 2.6 L ,190,00 miles, California dual EGR valve is super clean now. Carb removed. But where are the passages thru the cylinder head to the exhaust valve ? It is DEJA VU , as I did this job about 15 years ago, without removing the intake manifold. Cannot recall technique, but I think I used gun cleaning brushes and sprayed Berryman solvent into the passages somehow. It was messy and time-consuming. Will use a small inspection mirror thru top of intake manifold tomorrow, to find the passages.??

Bought a Harbor Freight engine brush kit, and have charged up my drill.

Choke problems plus personal problems neglected maintenance of this type for years, but passed smog until recently. New catalytic converter via California Consumer Assistance Program about 5000 or fewer miles ago. Did I wreck it by running obviously rich starts too long? Cats available in Tijuana , such as at King Muffler, but are they good performers? Calif. CAP program is one time only per vehicle/ owner of that vehicle.

Was 50% high on CO in October, so failed the test. Recent free tests at a non-STAR good old boy shop indicates high NOx now, with little CO. This after I activated the high altitude compensator HAC ( I am near sea level) on the wheel well to inject more air, per the expert good-old-boy who says that " Honda did it this way also".

Should the sub-EGR valve setting screw be adjusted such that the sub-EGR is completely closed when the (primary) throttle is closed?. Or, should it be partially open then? Haynes book and figure say it is factory set, so do not move. But somehow, mine makes valve completely closed when throttle is closed. But that spring vibrated? loose, beyond the reach of the compression spring, and seems ready to maybe fallout. Maybe has been that way since a carburetor cleaning for a really low price, abut 8 years ago at Carburadores Rodriguez in Tijuana ( where there are yet may carbureted cars, such as old taxis).