Array
    Status
    Republic, MO
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Heater Core Removal ?..

Only thing I can find on removing the heater core from my '94 Max is a YT video on a same year Izuzu, which looks to be pretty much the same vehicle from the inside. The person stated that you needed to remove the air conditioner evaporator that is located next to the heater core box. Said that this requires that the lines be removed from the evaporator (letting all the freon out). Is this actually the case with the Mighty Max too?
    Thanks in advance for any input..

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    After a quick McGoogle I'm gonna say no. To me it looks like the heater module is in the centre of the firewall under the dash, then the A/C exchanger is in a separate module between the heater module and the blower unit.

Array
    Status
    Republic, MO
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Ok, thank you.
    Saturday I'll get under there and see what I can see. Core isn't leaking, but I'm going to be putting a new radiator in it, and since the cap flange on the current rad has been tweaked up for several years now and not holding much pressure on the system, I'm trying to get ready in case the heater core goes to leaking when subjected to a full 13psi for the first time in a long time. Isn't clogged and has always had anti freeze in it, so fingers crossed it's still good.

Array
    Status
    Huachuca City Arizona
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Chevy V8
    If it’s like the 87s I’ve have good news and bad news. The good news is the AC doesn’t have to be touched. The bad news is the dash has to be removed.

The heater box is the white unit sitting over the transmission tunnel. Typical dash removal, hidden screws, and wiring harnesses that need unplugged. The getting the cables loose can be a PIA too. If you go to the trouble to replace the heater core you probably also want to go ahead and replace the water control (temperature control) valve at the same time. A FACTORY service manual is a real time saver for this one.