Array
    Status
    Irmo, sc
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Turn Signal/Wiper Combo Switch broken

I have an '85 Ram 50 Custom that has developed an issue with the turn signal switch. I guess it's probably old age but the detents have given out or broken. Can it be repaired or is it a lost cause? I found references to part number MB382800 that appears to be the correct one even though it references a Mighty Max. I'm not sure if this is for left or right hand drive (if it makes a difference). I'd prefer not to pay the $200-$400 for an OEM or NOS part if I don't have to. If anyone may be parting out a truck that has a functioning one I'd be willing to discuss a purchase. The truck does NOT have intermittent wipers. Thanks!!

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Just sold one last week I’d go to a junk yard, a new one is $350-$400 from some places try EBay also. If you go to a junkyard you will need to pull the steering wheel to get it off. A wheel puller works great I used a wrecking bar the other day that I had handy.

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I've found I can usually get steering wheels off by wobbling them -- pulling on the left while pushing on the right, then reverse that, alternating rapidly.

Mighty Max and D-50/Ram 50 are generally the same parts-wise, also try other Mitsu model names for the 1st-gen like L200 and Forte. I found a cheap combo stalk cluster for my 2nd-gen on Aliexpress, think it may actually have been listed for an L300 (Delica minivan), so have a look there too.
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    The wheel has 2 holes next to the nut one on each side I’m going to make a plate to pull the wheels easier, when you looking for parts it doesn’t matter but on a build you want to be more careful obviously. The wiggle works, the wrecking bar works and a puller works depends on the wheel you’re working with.

Array
    Status
    Irmo, sc
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Thanks for the information, everyone. I'm having no luck finding an NOS unit for this. Everyone tells me the part is no longer available. Autozone does not even have a Duralast unit that is still being manufactured. I can find tons of switches for the Gen 2. I guess I may have to start scouring eBay for used ones or break down and look at some of the knockoffs that are out there. Push come to shove, I'll just have to hang a universal unit off of the column.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    A guy had a used one for $100 on another FB site I’ll see if I can find it again, don’t know the guy so proceed at your own risk like always.

Dodge D50/ Mighty Max Minitrucks site had one listed Anderson was his name.

Array
    Status
    Irmo, sc
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Well, I found an NOS unit on eBay. Paid $250 for it. Got my fingers crossed that everything turns out ok!!