I picked up this truck 17 years ago for $150 figuring I could rebuild the engine and have a parts truck for my shop.The rebuild was stupid money at the time so as a joke I grabbed an 85 302 out of a T-bird that was totaled. Got the thing on the road and had a blast kicking "ricers" butts with it. Then 11 years ago I was hit by a drunk driver who merged into my lane taking out the passenger front end (I wasn't hurt at all just PISSED)
A few months later I found a rust free 83 cab and bought it for $39.99 from a local junk yard.Well next thing you know the frame is stripped, air ride put in, 4 link, 7.5" 3.45posi (Ranger axle) gas tank relocated,full mandrel bent 2.5" duel exhaust,AOD with 2400 stall and a stage 2 shift kit,modified BBK Mustang headers, and 5 lug front conversion. there the truck sat for a few years.
Then I was lucky and found a set of 66 289 4v HO heads and its engine upgrade time.Put in a new cam (Ford A312) windage tray,anti-pump up lifters,roller rockers and a few things to let the engine run to 8000 rpm.Again the truck sat for a few more years
in the last 6months I have been working on it again and with luck will be on the street again in 3-4 months
Photobucket.com/fordubishi you can check out all the work so far to date. I update it every few days with new pic's

Original build
D-50 F-L.jpg
New Cab and engine mods
Engine In .jpg
New duel exhaust
X Mem Painted.JPG