Thread: The Fordubishi

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Small update.... Got the torque converter replaced last night and took it for a good drive....... NO LEAKS. Only thing left to do now is replace the Air pressure sensors for my air ride with better ones from VDO,Should have them in next week.

As it's been cold or snowing for the last 5-6 weeks I've only put 300 miles on the truck so the EFI is still learning but looks like the gas mileage has go up a little.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Holy puck my air ride controller bit the big one and I had to get a new one from a different company. DO NOT BUY AN AUTOLOC AIR GENIE they are crap, the thing has had a number of problems since the day I originally installed it. Went with a slam specialites air switch pad and 3 digital air pressure gauges (will be installing tomorrow so no pic's yet) Had to rewire some of the system and add some wires so was out in the shop for around 6hr's doing it. have another 4 or so hrs to get the gauges installed as I have to redo my center console (pic's to come).

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Which digital gauges did you go with? I want to get some digital but don't really want to cough up the dough right now, just want to get my truck driving again, so I'll probably just get some analog gauges for the time being.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Went with Glowshift for my bags and Racetech for the tank.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    New system is in and working, just waiting on tank gauge to show up.

Air Gauge vr3.jpg

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Was visiting a friend in the city 3hrs north of me to go to a show on Sunday and he had some fun with my truck while I was washing all the bugs off and getting it ready for the show.

PURPLE.jpg
    He had some LED strips left over from a job so.............

Purple 2.jpg

Their kind of fuzzy buy you get the point.

Array
    Status
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Just had the experience of spending hours looking through one thread and making your to-do list a mile long ... and all I was looking for was fuse box info to switch over the glass fuses to new and add another circuit to dedicate to gauges ! haha at me!!! Excellent inspirational thread. beautiful stuff all around

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    That's kind of funny as I'm doing a rewire on a 75 Datsun 280Z right and changing over from glass to the ATO's with the same set up I used in my truck. The 4 fuse blocks are around $6.00 and can be stacked so I'm putting in 4 blocks to give him 16 fuses.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Been out of the loop for a while. Thought I would pop in while I have the chance....... been nuts in the shop for the last 6-7 months.Did a few things to the truck that needed to be looked after. Replaced and old Weiand Duel plain intake for a low profile single intake as it's better for the EFI set up. I figure I gained another 20hp and a few ft/lbs of torque. Replaced the oil pan gasket as its been weeping for the last 2 years.

Other projects (Customers Cars) I've been working on: 1992 Tercel with a 240hp (rough est.) 1.5L twin cam turbo. Took the best parts from the 3EFE,4EFTE and 5EFE to build it.

1989 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo. Just a basic rebuild with the turbo parts and a turbo off a eclipse.Still have to do some custom piping to set up a small front mount intercooler.

1976 280Z with a L28T out of a 280zx. Just have some sheet metal work to finish then it goes for storage until he has it shipped out to where he moved to.

240sx with an RB20DETT swap done to it. I have a bunch of crap to fix that was Micky moused together by the guy that did the swap.

90 300ZX that I did a TT swap to (NEVER DO THIS WITH OUT A DONER CAR!!!!!!!) I was given the engine, Turbo piping, and ECU so had to build a crap load of brackets and stuff.

I Hope it slows down a little and I can have some fun this summer and hop in on a more regular basis.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    News Flash !!!! I'm Still Alive and Kicking. Did a crap load of work on the truck this winter. New power steering system (Pump and Box),replaced the Oil pan as the chrome one was bent at the flange and wouldn't stop leaking.Cleaned and repainted the engine and brackets.and last but not least..........GOT PAINT FOR THE TRUCK!!!!!!. The crew that I have show up at the shop are all coming over next weekend to help strip down the truck so I can do the last of the body work and put it in paint FINALLY. Did and experiment on my spare rim, painted the center black the put some purple pearl in the clear and it came out a anodized purple (Will get a pic).

Other then that just finishing up a paint job on a 92 RX7.Rebuilt the braking system on my motercycle,and a crap load of other stuff. Whats this crap about an economic down turn I havn't stopped working for the last 5 months with customers cars/trucks.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Awaiting pic updates eagerly Being busy is one thing, but turning it into disposable coin is another...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Here's a quick pic of how the rim turned out.
    Purple Spare.jpg

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Well the truck is stripped down and I'm just finishing up some small body work to set it in paint. Fixed a few leaks in my air ride, Got a new dipstick for the trans(Old one was broken at the flange and leaked),Found a small leak in the rad so it's getting sent out to get fixed next week.Should be painted by Tuesday or Wednesday next week, then put back together that weekend just in time for the big Mini Truck and Sport Compact show I go to every year that I have won second place twice in 5 years.

Getting ready for Iris.jpg
    Getting ready for paint

Bed bondo 2018.jpg
    Finishing up bed repairs

Will have update pic's as I get it in paint

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Fingers crossed you pull a 1st this year! I just realised I have the knock off version of your wheels on my hung dog wagon (mine are look alike one piece alloy wheels) What colour are you getting it hit in? (unless it's a surprise)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Painting it 1993 Ford Iris Mist Metallic (Paint Code GC) from the F-150 Stepside. Same as under the hood.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Ok was a week from hell. First the Air ride compressor crapped out so had to get a new one........ $349...... Next the rad had a small leak so took it in to be repaired and found out the core was cracked. New core and rebuild.......... $579.......... Got the air ride working just to find out my check valve was stuck open and had to replace it... $29... Now the good news ...... TRUCK WILL BE PAINTED TONIGHT !!!!!!!!

Box ready for paint.jpg
    Box all masked

Masked for Paint.jpg
    Cab ready for spray

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Ouch. An expensive week dude. BUT it'll be rock solid now and the emperor is getting a new suit to match. Hopefully you'll have decent weather and the air will be dry and warm. Can't wait to see you your paint job turns out

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    So had a good weekend... Got the truck painted and together by Friday. Headed to a friends place Saturday to go to the show today in the City 3 hrs away. Great show they changed the class's for the truck and I ended up winning 2nd place out of 21 trucks in Mini Truck Mild.

Painted first show.jpg
    First Show in Paint And yes it's PINK

2018 Sec place.jpg
    My prize

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Looks great

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Truck looks awesome! Good work on grabbing a trophy too

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    More pics pleaze!

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Ask and you shall receive........
    LS Pink.jpg LF Pink.jpg RF Pink.jpgRS Pink.jpg Rear Pink.jpg
    Some more pic's for you

New Sticker.jpg
    Had my friend make this up for a laugh

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Headed to the mini truck/Sport compact show again and guess what...........

Meltdown 19.jpg
    I got First place after going to the show for the last 7 years.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Well done! It was well earned (it also helps if the judges have taste )

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Nice job mate, shes a beaut ute

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast