Array
    Status
    New zealand
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4G64

Hi all

Hi all im new to the site and am from the North island of New Zealand i live with my wife and three kids in a large town on the east coast. I work for a large car dealership known as pacific motor group in the Ford/Mazda department as a valet and delivery boy which hopefully will lead into a mechanical apprenticeship. and that's enough about me for now to my truck .i purchased a 1997 4 door l200 2.6 petrol sport 5 speed manual with (140,000 km/87,000 miles on the clock and look forward to restoring its body panels (while the engine starts first pop and purrs like a kitten the body has seen better days) they where assembled here in nz from 1983-1997 .... if anyone has any manuals or diagrams they can share i would be very grateful .

I look forward to getting to know you guys

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Welcome to mightyram! We have a massive library of manuals and resource material on the site and the members here are very helpful with problem solving and advice on everything Mitsu truck related. I didn't know L200's were still a designated model type sold outside of Thailand and Malaysia after 1986. Got any big future plans for your L200? If you have any pics we'd all be interested to see what you got

Array
    Status
    New zealand
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4G64
    i'll get some pictures when i can.. here in NZ we have l200 and l300 both as utes small trucks and vans the 2.6 was a sport with added powersteering and an lsd .. as far as im aware even the latest models may be sold as a l200. while in Australia i noted they where called "tritons" so far i want to restore it as the body is very rough (spent time in forestry) and maybe install a 6 speed gearbox from something else as it sits at over 3000 rpm at highways speeds (100kmh) which makes for a bit of a noisy roadtrip. would love to make it into a comfortable long distance family wagon as i take it across the island to collect firewood from my fathers and would love to put in sound proofing and a nice stereo ..the seats from the 2007 mazda bt50's (probably called something else over there) look identical but are much nicer so may try swapping the rails..... but wee will see

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    New Zealand..... Are you the guy that called me a while back wanting us to deliver concrete to him over there?
    It was a wrong number the guy called. IDK how he could have missed the part on my site that says Sacramento CA.
    Welcome to the site.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Sounds like you need a different rear end ratio to get your rpm's down out on the highway. It shouldn't be hitting 2.5k at 100 - it's getting flogged! Weird that the gearing is that high. Will be easy enough to rectify but you might lose the LSD in the process

Array
    Status
    New zealand
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4G64
    yeah my thought exactly and it climbs it's way out of muddy paddocks like a dream i really want to keep the lsd but i guess it will come down to whatever i can source within my tight budget ...and no i didn't call about the concrete im amazed the guy didn't realize when the phone number needed four or five extra didgets bet it made for a few laughs afterwards.. p.s i found the manuals and will take a look through them today. still have been to lazy to get pictures but hopefully soon