So a 92 4x4 has fallen into my lap. It was super cheap, old guy said his grandson wanted to rob the motor to put it in a car, but decided it wasnt what he wanted so he.. "rebuilt it" and threw it on craigslist. My brother bought it, drove it around for a month, went to crank it one day and it would start, idle and die after a few seconds. Took it to a mechanic, and a new fuel relay was installed. He drove it a little more before the truck just fell flat on its face. It is now in my possession.

The truck is now acting like it has no power when driving. It cranked right up after sitting for 2 months today. It revs fine in neutral, and if I push the clutch to the floor as hard as I can. My question is where do I start? To me it seems like the clutch is gone, but would that just happen suddenly? I dont smell clutch. My research on here has led to think I should start with the mass airflow sensor, and maybe change all the plugs out? I just wanted to get some opinions before I take a trans out or something. On the flip side, the truck was 1200 bucks and Im not against just selling it or parting it out. But it has new tires and I want to take it off road, so any help is greatly appreciated!