Array
    Status
    Georgia
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

Power Ram acceleration problems

So a 92 4x4 has fallen into my lap. It was super cheap, old guy said his grandson wanted to rob the motor to put it in a car, but decided it wasnt what he wanted so he.. "rebuilt it" and threw it on craigslist. My brother bought it, drove it around for a month, went to crank it one day and it would start, idle and die after a few seconds. Took it to a mechanic, and a new fuel relay was installed. He drove it a little more before the truck just fell flat on its face. It is now in my possession.

The truck is now acting like it has no power when driving. It cranked right up after sitting for 2 months today. It revs fine in neutral, and if I push the clutch to the floor as hard as I can. My question is where do I start? To me it seems like the clutch is gone, but would that just happen suddenly? I dont smell clutch. My research on here has led to think I should start with the mass airflow sensor, and maybe change all the plugs out? I just wanted to get some opinions before I take a trans out or something. On the flip side, the truck was 1200 bucks and Im not against just selling it or parting it out. But it has new tires and I want to take it off road, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    TPS, EGR, Is it EFI? maybe injector. Can you do a ecm reading on it? Sometimes them ECM's pop a capacitor. How many miles on it? May do a compression test to see how well it was rebuilt. Is it an abused truck.
    Is clutch slipping, may just need an adjustment.

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Have you taken a look at possible ECU Codes?

see the 216 manuals section at the bottom of the site, download the haynes manual.

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    just my 2 cents worth here
    if possible can you post pics or better yet take a short vid of it running and the problems and upload to youtube then put the link here?
    that would help get the trouble tracked down a lot quicker and get you back on the road