Array
    Status
    Spanaway, WA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Spitting and sputtering

So the truck is spitting and sputtering when I press the gas harder than normal and at higher speeds 50-65 doesn't accelerate much more than that also after running it kinda hard when coming to a stop it starts to bog down like its about to die but doesn't die ....if the MAF is unplugged it runs completely fine except at idle I have no idea what is wrong found a worn gasket between the intake manifold and throttle body replaced it and also replaced the MAF and the fuel filter also used a fuel injector cleaner checked for any vacuum leaks couldn't find any idk what to do running out of ideas
    Last edited by DroppedMitsu; 03-25-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Please only post a thread one time, not in different sections, everyone will still see the post. If it is posted in the wrong section initially we can fix that, no need to post another thread just let us know.

Do you have a check engine light on/any codes being thrown by the ECU? We have had people with badly clogged injectors with the same symptoms, they had to remove them and actually send them out to an injector service/cleaning place and have them ultrasonic cleaned. Not saying its your problem just a potential solution I've seen.

Array
    Status
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    could also be a rusty tank contaminating the fuel..
    it's probably worth dropping and taking a peek inside if you're running out of ideas... i had the same symptoms on a 91 3000GT, turned out my tank was full of rusty gunk, i ended up having to line it