Status
    North Georgia
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

1986 D50 2.6L 5-Speed G54B

Hello everyone,

I have been stalking the site for quite some time now and haven't needed to post because the info here is endless. I purchased the blue bandit about a year ago, she ran me about 800 bucks, and has been getting me to and from work daily since. Didn't need to do much but I did change all the basic maintenance stuff upon purchase, fluids, filters, plugs, etc and deleted the non-working AC. She doesn't seem to want to stay in 5th, 3rd, or 1st without some pressure on the stick and I cant usually start from a stop in first gear without it violently jumping out of 1st, will go into and work fine if Im already moving and go into first but just not from a stop. Seeing as how this repair is both out of my budget and experience scale I have been making due. Battery light comes on and off intermittently, doesn't actually change anything, and gas gauge doesn't read correct, never goes above 3/4 full.

Recently I have tackled the Weber swap as i have been babying the temperamental mikuni/vacuum mess and a slight case of OCD has made me want to rip everything emissions and vacuum related out. The install went beautifully (read: 150 trips between parts stores and a few new tools), thanks of course to the wealth of info presented here. The engine bay is cleaning up nicely and I think I have dropped about 100lbs between AC delete and emissions garbage. Its finally tune-able and I can get the timing dialed in.

I would like to know where to post a "build thread" that you guys keep talking about. I have lots of pics from before/during/after that i would like to give to the world so you guys can compare and contrast like I did. I think I have a weird year or parts combo because my stuff never seemed to match other peoples year/model equivalents. Any insight into this would be appreciated.

What I do know thus far is:

1986 2.6L G54B 5speed km132 Sport im pretty sure, stock Blue color with stripes and big Ram word on back
    4 headlights, chrome door handles, No Tach, bench seat, Gigantic gas tank, 18gal-ish

I have both the Hanyes manual as well as the "Shop Manual" with all the spec goodies.

For the future: Re-wire, fix tranny, paint, fix dash/custom dash.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Welcome, you can post your build thread in the "Vehicle Specific" forums, 1st Gen for you. hope you didn't throw all the a/c stuff away, that stuff is pretty rare especially for a 1st gen and I wouldn't doubt if someone on here purchased it from you.

Array
    Status
    North Georgia
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    The compressor, radiator, and pulley were donated to another vehicle but I do still have the bracket that mounts to the block. Thats all unfortunately.

Free minus shipping cost to whomever.

That goes for all the other emissions stuff too for you folks who need to keep that stuff running. I sawzalled the egr tube leaving the exhaust manifold so thats repairable but not operational.
    Last edited by bluebandit; 03-24-2016 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Update

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Hi Bluebandit, welcome to the forum and we are happy you have come over to the Dark Side. As you probably know by your post, you have a good idea of the available information. Ask about anything you may seek an answer for and don't hesitate to help other members.

If you look to sell parts, be sure to try and post images with the item and place the information in the Forum's For Sale Thread. This area will speed up your item to be sold since this is where members go to look for needed items.
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...hp/32-For-Sale

You also can sell as a donation to the forum as well. This gets rid of the parts and helps forum. So don't be afraid to put a price on something you want to get out of the garage, it helps everyone here. Just a suggestion FYI.

Welcome to the Forum, Love the '86 too!

Array
    Status
    North Georgia
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I have finally buttoned everything back up and turned it over for the first time since the new Weber. For some reason it shoots straight to max rpm upon cranking. I have set the screws according to the paperwork that came from redline for "baseline" settings. Any ideas?