Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

How to pull dash

I got a really good deal on a clean dash but i have to pull it. How hard is it to get it out without breaking anything? Can anyone give me a little how to i looked at mine and it seems like it would have a lot of hidden screws. How do i remove the cluster trim piece as well as the trim around the radio. Any help would be appreciated but i have to go get it tomorrow morning i will post pics if i can get it out.

Thanks in advance

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Once you've done it, it's a 20 minute job. There are 3 nuts {12 mm I think} on top, one under each speaker cover and one in the center under a pop out tab.
    Drop the steering column by removing four bolts at about knee level to give room to pull the dash.
    There are two screws you will need a stubby Phillips for, one next to each door.
    Remove the instrument cluster by taking out two exposed screws at the top and one on either side of the steering column, one behind the flasher button which pops out and one behind a pop out on the other side. Disconnect the gauges by pulling off the connectors on the back of the cluster.
    There are four screws holding the radio bezel, then use a wide bladed putty knife to pop it out, starting at the top.
    The rest of the fasteners are fairly obvious , just take your time.
    It's been over a year since I did mine but it's more awkward than difficult .
    Good luck!
    1990 MM 4x4 3.0
    1991 MM 4x4 3.0 Diamonte
    1994 MM 2wd (work in progress)

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I have seen quite a few dash removed by people in the forum. Looks like it a simple job if you can reach the nuts or whatever they are held in by.

LOL lush beat me to it by a minute .

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    The only other thing that lush forgot was the stupid ac/heater cables. Once you figure out how to get them off its easy but they can be a pain to get to. And watch how they route/mount as it might take a while to figure it back out if you don't pay attention.

Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I got everything off except for one screw I stripped because of an awkward angle. That stupid Phillips head facing towards the firewall that connects the ducts to the center bracket. I'm going to go back tomorrow with some vise grips and see if I can get it off that way.