Array
    Status
    Humboldt County
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G52

1980 D50 1st Gen

I recently acquired a 1980 1st Gen D50 Pickup and would just like to introduce myself to the forum and say Hello. You hardly see these little trucks around anymore so Im looking to take this car on as a restoration project. I would like to make it like it just came from the factory....
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi OffWhite50, welcome to mightyram. Your gen 1 looks tidy. You'll soon find that everybody on this site are a helpful bunch and if they don't personally have something you are after in particular, they know where to find it.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Nice truck and welcome to the forum.

I don't know why your going a restoration to make it look stock it looks beautiful for a 36 year old vehicle from here and is stock as can be. I see a little hood alignment problem, but the paint looks very nice still and white is good color.

There are many things you can do to improve the performance that are relatively cheap and can be done within a day or two also. Being in California, I am not sure what your required to do every couple years, but there are things available if you also want to have a little more pep.

You also may want to know when the timing belt was replaced last because these are rubber and last about 60-80k. The valves are no interference so if it does break on freeway or whatever, it will not self destruct. Keeping the oil and filter changed is probably the most import item to do on these trucks. With proper care they can last from 200k to 400k+ and if not cared for, they can end up sitting in your driveway rotting.

Anyway, keep us updated and congrats on the new truck.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Hey OffWhite, welcome

You might consider joining the forum's Stock Truck group, although there's not much happening there Maybe you can MAKE something happen!'
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin....php?groupid=4

Also take advantage of the forum's GALLERY by posting up some photos there. Enjoy looking at some of the trucks forum members have. There are some real treasures here, and yours' is now one of them!!
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    BTW - the G52B is a timing chain, not a belt. It is an Astron motor like the 2.6. Welcome to the forum and we need more pics!
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Humboldt County
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G52

Wink

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm not sure when the last time the timing chain was replaced but that is one part I do plan on replacing in the near future. I say i want to restore this truck because in my opinion there are a lot of little things to replace and rust to remove before its pristine. The Paint is still shiny but only looks good from far away lots of nicks, chips, cracks and rust. Shes 36 so its acceptable for now but This should be a fun project, probably bondo'd to shit