Array
    Status
    boring Oregon
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

max speed of the g63b 5spd 2wd

So back in January I got my ram 50. Its the base model from what i can tell. When I'm driving i cannot get it to go over 75mph, unless I'm going down a hill. Even then it will even go up to 80. I can tell that it can go faster, because I'm not even hitting the 3rd gear rev limiter.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    I have gotten my old 2.0 carbed motor to 100 before, and not on a downhill. The carb is prob. holding it back, could need a rebuild or just swap to a weber(what I was running), and a better flowing exhaust wouldn't hurt either.

Array
    Status
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Yup...carb...mine is running lean, won't pass Cal. smog...YET!!, I'm still trying to find the problem but you may want to check the jet valves, I inactivated mine (pulled the adjusters out) and could barely....BARELY...hit 70...fixed the broken rocker and installed all the adjusters and it easily hits 90...I'm sure it will hit 100....I have no cat, just stock 2nd gen exhaust manifold a straight pipe and a 24" cherry bomb glass pack...it is probably all about air flow...BTW an update on my running lean issue...I still don't know what the hell the problem is, but the truck sounds bitchen and runs really good.....HAHAHAHAH...

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    We have a guy here that can help you pass the smog test. He is located in Oakland and works for a state smog check center there in Oakland. His member name is noahwins. He hasn't been on lately, but maybe PM him and he will reply if he checks his email. He must be busy with a project because he was always here not to long ago.

Array
    Status
    CT
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    My old 88 used to peg the speedo out, it would take a while but it did it quite often and it would stay there no problem lol. Was definitely over reving the engine but I couldnt kill that g63b!

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    We have a guy here that can help you pass the smog test. He is located in Oakland and works for a state smog check center there in Oakland. His member name is noahwins. He hasn't been on lately, but maybe PM him and he will reply if he checks his email. He must be busy with a project because he was always here not to long ago.
    There are lots of folks on Mighty Ram 50 whom could provide articulate repair info.
    however , O/P's provided info was 'errant'.

& I am out on this thread ratesheet.