Array
    Status
    pasco,wa
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

2.6 swap

The motor in my 81 recently went out and I'm considering swapping in a different motor other than the 2.6. What motors will bolt up to the km132 transmission?

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I know of none other then replacing the head to a duel cam and maybe turbo charging.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Conquest 2.6 turbos are a common swap but obviously you need all the ancillary gear to run it + mod the exhaust for the turbo. There is a twin cam head for these engines - but seriously, do not ask. Me and a friend have a theory that a BMW E30 cylinder head could be modded for the 4G54 but the head assembly is a lot taller than the Astron. It would require timing chain and cover mods too but you'd have a better chance of getting this to work under budget compared to the alternative...

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    keeping the gearbox has alrerady limited your options, to the 2.6.... unless you wanted to adapt some other motor
    starion/conquest 2.6 is a strong fun motor, that responds well to basic upgrade/mods.... still on stock internals
    Even 300hp / 300tq will be a blast. TBI 2.6 has touched 400 hp and 400 tq. Impressive power for what it is