Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Need help with a finding a few things for my truck

I am fairly new with fixing up my 87 Power Ram 4x4 and having trouble with a few things. I have come to find out that the Power Ram's have a several differences from the regular Ram 50, so i am trying to figure things out. Here are a few things I am needing help with:

- The Fan shroud. The radiator is larger than the D50 so is there any other vehicles shroud i can steal and still work? I haven't found any Power Ram's at the local junk yards

-Bucket seats. I have measured the mounting holes and they are also different than the D50, is there any vehicles that will bolt right in or at least with minimal modding? I bought some from a 97 Montero hoping they would fit but they didn't

- Rear split window. I have the single piece rear window but was thinking of switching it to the split window, is this possible?

Array
    Status
    princeton, wv
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    I saw a mighty max on Craigslist, the guy said the bucket seats out of a 2012 Hyundai genesis sport coupe were a direct bolt in. May be worth looking into, hope that helps.

Array
    Status
    princeton, wv
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Forget the last message, saw its also different bolt pattern from mm/d50.

Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    There are two sizes of fan shrouds that look the same both are 2 piece metal shrouds. The one i pulled off a 1st get montero is bigger than the radiator i have on my 22nd gen mighty max. If you get the measurements from hole to hole on your radiator i can compare for you.

On my nissan hardbody i switched from slider window to single pane. If its the same which i dont see why it wouldnt be all you will need is the window and the gasket for the slider. Its really an easy swap its just hard to get the glass out without breaking it. After the glass is out just stick some medium thick cordage all the way around in the gasket fold and have the two pieces meet in the center on the bottom. You will need at least two people for this method one on the outside pushing the window in and another on the inside pulling the cord. As the cord comes out it takes the gasket through with it. It helps if you spray the gasket with soapy water and clean the window frame real good. It may be a little confusing when you read it but if you look it up on youtube you will see its very easy. Also i know where a power ram is with a slider in it but i think the window is broken i could try to go get the gasket for you so you can just cut one out if you ever find one.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    On Seats, sometimes you have to do a little drilling to get what you want. I installed Eclipse seats where 2 holes lined up and 2 needed to be re-drilled with new bolts and nuts. Doesn't bother me that there are 2 extra tiny holes in the floor pan. I just silicone them up and I'm good to go.

Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    On Seats, sometimes you have to do a little drilling to get what you want. I installed Eclipse seats where 2 holes lined up and 2 needed to be re-drilled with new bolts and nuts. Doesn't bother me that there are 2 extra tiny holes in the floor pan. I just silicone them up and I'm good to go.

Thanks for all the info on the glass swap. I had seen a split window at a junkyard but wasn't sure how to go about taking it off. They'd on there pretty good Haha
    I actually have a 96 Gst that I will be parting out so I tried to see if the seats would fit, if I didn't have the 4x4 truck I'm pretty sure I could get them to fit. The floor panel is a bit different on the 4x4, I'm guessing in order to tuck in the tranfer case, so that's where I'm running into trouble when it comes to finding seats that will fit without major modifications. The non 4x4 MM/D50 bench seat doesn't even bolt up to mine, that's how I figure out that they were different so now I have a useless bench seat in my back yard

Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    The 4x4's, at least mine, also has a larger radiator. I had found a decent MM at the junk yard so I pulled the bench seat, fan shroud and a few other things I needed for mine. The fan shroud didn't fit either I have to remeasure the radiator but from what it looks like I'm going to be making one out of a 2gen Montero Sport, this seems to be the closest thing I could find to mine. If I could find a 1gen Montero then maybe that would work on mine, I know I've checked a Raider and that also has a smaller size rad. I was hoping finding parts for this would be a lot easier Lol