Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Need help finding for a few things for my 87 Power Ram

I am fairly new with fixing up my 87 Power Ram 4x4 and having trouble with a few things. I have come to find out that the Power Ram's have a several differences from the regular Ram 50, so i am trying to figure things out. Here are a few things I am needing help with:

- The Fan shroud. The radiator is larger than the D50 so is there any other vehicles shroud i can steal and still work? I haven't found any Power Ram's at the local junk yards

-Bucket seats. I have measured the mounting holes and they are also different than the D50, is there any vehicles that will bolt right in or at least with minimal modding? I bought some from a 97 Montero hoping they would fit but they didn't

- Rear split window. I have the single piece rear window but was thinking of switching it to the split window, is this possible?

Array
    Status
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    The sliding rear window is not that hard.there are new units which come up on eBay. most are aftermarket. CR Lawrence is a good aftermarket brand to look for.

Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Cool, thanks. I wasn't sure if they were interchangeable

Array
    Status
    chesapeake va
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G63
    I put bucket seats in my 87 power ram got the seat tracks off a bench seat and the bucket seats out of a microcab dodge had to modify the seat track and put 1 and a half inch spacers on the rear door side and a bracket on the front send email and ill send pick to show you what I did fit great and have more room.

87d50

Tyler Dent

Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfe12
    -Bucket seats. I have measured the mounting holes and they are also different than the D50, is there any vehicles that will bolt right in or at least with minimal modding?
    There's quite a few variations in seats and brackets. If you've got a short cab, 4WD, then the brackets are specific to that model. I got extremely lucky and scored a set from a junkyard truck. Re-using the bench brackets won't work on the 4x4 because of the hump in the center tunnel. The inner bracket ends up sitting too high. The 2WD, manual transmission trucks don't have that problem. I think the 2WD autos use the same wide tunnel floor pan as the 4x4 though.

I just recently came across an 88 extended cab 4x4, and those seat brackets won't work in my short cab 4x4 either. They're too long. I was able to put the seats themselves onto my bucket brackets though. The seats were nicer than the short-backed buckets I got from the last truck. I really need to do a post about the different seats and brackets.

There are no other vehicles that I know of that you can get the brackets from. Early Eclipse and Montero seats might bolt up to the brackets, but I haven't confirmed that.

Using parts from other manufacturers will require at least some fabrication. Try to find seats that don't have the sliders integrated into the floor brackets. I was going to go with Acura Integra coupe seats.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfe12
    - The Fan shroud. The radiator is larger than the D50 so is there any other vehicles shroud i can steal and still work? I haven't found any Power Ram's at the local junk yards
    I just pulled the parts diagrams for the 2.6L, 2.4L, 2WD and 4WD, and none of them list a fan shroud. The only one with a shroud listed is the V6. That's weird.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    montero sports for a shroud - they are metal and can be modded if necessary
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I have the 85 2.0 motor. I have the top half of the shroud new listed in for sale I think. I got a top and bottom; here http://oemmitsubishiparts.com/

Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks, I'll be looking for some parts there. For now I used sheet metal to fill the gaps the other fans wouldn't cover, seems to work fine.

Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks for the help, i was able to find a metal shroud from an 84 or 85 and modify it by adding sheet metal on the sides that have the gaps. So far I haven't had a problem with it and the temp stays normal even if it"s idling for a while. image1.JPG

Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by 87d50 View Post
    I put bucket seats in my 87 power ram got the seat tracks off a bench seat and the bucket seats out of a microcab dodge had to modify the seat track and put 1 and a half inch spacers on the rear door side and a bracket on the front send email and ill send pick to show you what I did fit great and have more room.

87d50

Tyler Dent
    I ended up trying out some Isuzu Rodeo bucket seats. Three of the holes were a close match so i just drilled it out a little bit in order to make it fit. The rear seat holes closest to the center were the only ones that didn't match and were a bit elevated from the floor, I bought a rubber piece big enough to fill the gap plus an extended bolt in order to keep me in the truck haha The tracks are slightly off so it doesn't move forward and back as much as they would in the Isuzu but they move enough to allow me to drive comfortably, I'm 5'11". I would slide when i would make a turn on the bench seat so I felt it was safer for me to swap to buckets, they're more comfortable for me too

Array
    Status
    Georgia
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G63
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfe12 View Post
    I ended up trying out some Isuzu Rodeo bucket seats. Three of the holes were a close match so i just drilled it out a little bit in order to make it fit. The rear seat holes closest to the center were the only ones that didn't match and were a bit elevated from the floor, I bought a rubber piece big enough to fill the gap plus an extended bolt in order to keep me in the truck haha The tracks are slightly off so it doesn't move forward and back as much as they would in the Isuzu but they move enough to allow me to drive comfortably, I'm 5'11". I would slide when i would make a turn on the bench seat so I felt it was safer for me to swap to buckets, they're more comfortable for me too

Got pictures?

Sure would like to see them.

Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchi View Post
    Got pictures?

Sure would like to see them.
    These are a few of the pictures; How the seats look, Where I drilled the mounting holes (the rubber piece I used to fill the gap is a bit hard to see, I didn't have time to take it apart today), The seat all the way back and all the way forward, Plus the cup holder I got at Autozone haha
    Bolt holes.jpgCup holder.jpgSeats back.jpgSeats.jpg