Array
    Status
    Modesto, California
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Best $500 I've ever spent

I figured I should introduce myself and my truck; my names Bobby, I'm from modesto California, I work at the local speed shop in oakdale, and my truck is a 87 power ram 50 4x4. I acquired this truck a little over a year ago to take me back and forth to work while I was replacing headgaskets on my duramax. Never did I imagine I would grow to actually like this truck lol. I bought the truck with a little over 320k miles. Passed smog with little to no issues. Came with a body lift and 31x10.5r15 tires on it. Virtually everything works that I need to work. Has common problems that I understand all these have but hell it starts up and drives every day almost anywhere I want to go. I've driven this truck to and from 4 or 5 all day mudfest rally's, over the niagra creek rim trail off Sonora pass, tons of fire and forestry roads, and on a few trails I really shouldn't have been on. Yet this truck never let's me down. I really can't think of a better truck for $500. I've always wanted to defeat moab and drive over the Rubicon with the jeepers and yotas, so that's the plan. I have about half the supplies to do it with no time to put it together lol. The end goal is going to be a Dana 44 from a 78 f250, procomp 6 inch lift springs for a 83 yota, SBC powerplant with a nv4500 tranny and np241c transfercase, and a Dana 60 full floater read end. I have the front axle, engine, and springs so far. So wish me luck! My other rides are a 05 lly duramax ccsb with some go fast stuff that made a little over 450rwhp on the dyno and a 69 nova with a nice 355 SBC and a built tci th350 tranny. I hope I will be of some assistance to you guys. Also, if there are any meets or clubs that go hit the trails or offroad in California I would love to join lol. Thanks for reading!IMG_20160203_201419.jpgIMG_20160203_201358.jpgIMG_20160203_201228.jpgIMG_20160203_201311.jpg

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Welcome. Glad do see a truck with that mileage still hitting the mountains. I too want to tackle the rubicon someday.