Status
    Cumming, Georgia
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63

First Post, Already burned by knockoff weber

Good Day All,

Been lurking here for a while and sponging up intel. Great resource mightyram50 is for anyone new and old to the mighty max. I've been working my way through the list of things to do on the mitsu. Got a little crazy with the stereo and sound deadening, never had any stereo before so why not. All fluid and ignition replaced. Did the weber 32/36 kit and thats what has been giving me fits. Could not get rid of an off idle hesitation which was also the throttle position pretty much all day.Jetting and base gaskets till I was blue in the face. Turns out to be a leak at the throttles butterfly shaft and then come to find I have the chinese weber (crap). Called Pierce Manifolds and the lady that answered helped me identify that it is indeed a chinese one. Ordered a new real weber right there on the spot, and then she gave me a few bucks off saying she felt bad. Awesome, Awesome people those guys.

Still on list to do
    Exhaust Manifold Crack maybe weld, maybe Aussie replacement
    Steering Parts shakedown and inspect
    Maybe talk Brad Mph to building another engine like his. Joking, but that would be sweet

IMG_8961.jpgIMG_8960.jpgIMG_8962.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi sam987b, welcome to mightyram. Sorry to hear yet another person has experienced the 'chinese burn'. Thanks to admin there are now custom headers available to mightyram members which will be way better than the cast manifold, especially if you're already upgrading your carb. Got pics of your truck?

Array
    Status
    Cumming, Georgia
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63
    Pics, just a few. I did just order a set of headers from California. I'll post back to that page more info on that.

Here are some pics of the polishing and buffing day. Had to be careful as the paint up front is pretty thin.
    IMG_8798.jpgIMG_8808.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    very nice!