Hello all,
Happy to be a part of MR50, here's my formal intro. I'm 24 years old with a background in woodworking/construction/maintenance. Some experience with cars, but this 1990 Dodge Ram 50 has been my first real foray into the world of engines. A quick word about my acquisition of said DR50. I bought this truck from a little old guy down in Goliad, TX with a little over 100k on the clock. It was old, it smoked a bit, but it was cheap and I fell in love the minute I got behind the wheel. That said, I'm not so in love with the way the guy took care of this thing. I am currently replacing the timing belt and the *infamous* silent shaft belt, both of which failed a couple days ago as I was helping a certain lady move a mattress. I have both belts off, I cleaned around the area, which was a gunky mess due to the timing cover gasket looking like a burned noodle, and I'm now trying unsuccessfully to loosen the crankshaft sprocket bolt. Any tips to getting this damn thing to budge? Again, all help is much appreciated. I look forward to contributing where I can. Thanks!