Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Lowering my truck.

What's the best way to lower my truck?

My truck is a 1991 single cab I want to go as low as possible with 18s. I want the best ride possible and money isn't an issue. Should I go with the belltech drop kit or with spindles and a cut coil? Blocks and shocks in the back or should I go with the lowering leafs?

I'm pretty new to lowering trucks but I know what each one is and how it works but I just havent seen a definitive answer to the question I'm asking and most of the information I've found hasn't been on our trucks. If there is another way that I'm not thinking of please let me know. Also if your truck is static and you have pictures post them with the setup if possible.

Thanks in advance

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    You'll find a lot of different opinions on this one because someone's interpretation of "good ride quality" might be extremely different than yours.

For the lowest low up front, grab a set of drop spindles and springs. Cutting the springs is a cheap alternative if you do it correctly, but you'll probably want to just grab the drop coils. Grab a set of drop shocks as well so you don't bottom out the factory ones.

For the rear, you can run either blocks or springs (or both) depending on how low you want to go. A set of drop leafs in the rear will ride better, but that's open to interpretation. If you haul materials around, toss on a set of air shocks.

Depending on the truck and how low you go, you might have to mod the driveshaft tunnel since a 1 piece will rub on the bottom of the cab if you go too low.