Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

2wd to 4x4

So the clutch went out in my truck when I went 4x2 ing up in some sand, duh, should have known i was going to get stuck, and when I did i let someone else try to get it unstuck because he said he knew how, so he held the clutch so the rear wheels wouldn't spin, i did not know this until smoke came out from underneath the truck.

SO with the tranny out of my truck, I took the shifter extension off of the end of my tranny and was wondering if a km145 t case will bolt on to the km 132 tranny, I asked that once already, but now I have the tranny ID. Also, does the output shaft get extended? or can I use the same drive shaft as the 2wd, also how hard would it be to retrofit front diff, or would a 4x4 frame be easier? I have a 2.0l and I already know that I will need to put a "dent" in the oil pan so the diff will clear.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    It should bolt right up to the km132 - this is the setup for the 2.0 4wd 5 spd. the drive shaft is different, but the output shaft should be the same. For the front diff, you could swap the front cross member from the 4wd, but a whole frame is much easier and cleaner. This also moves the steering box outboard on the frame for more clearance.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Ok, cool. Now the hard part is finding a frame, maybe I can get one from a salvage yard, Probably pretty spendy though. I did put an ad on Craigslist for a 4wd frame for a Mighty Max / Ram 50 from 1987 to 1989.

Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Just my luck today. Me and my friend were going through our local scrapyard today, and he wanted me to go look at a chevy with a 4in lift. when we found it he said "Hey Beeman, here is a truck for you!" So I look and it was a 1988 Power Ram 50 Sport, with a km 148 auto tranny with 4x4, so I wanted to get the cluster, and I had forgot my screwdriver, I was walking back to the car when a truck pulling on to the scale had a 1987 Power Ram 50 4x4. I got the screw driver and came back, and they were parked both side by side. They had wheels, tires, and looked great, so I found a battery and threw it into the 87 ram 50, and I tested my new dash clock out in it too, then I decided to turn it over, CLUNK, goes the starter, so I got out and looked under the hood, and I tried to turn the engine over with a ratchet, and it didn't budge. Too bad I didn't catch the guy before he pulled in, or I could have gotten 2 nice lookin ram 50's for CHEAP! But I will have a T case tomorrow.