Array
    Status
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55

Head Gasket Leak? Photo.4d55

Before I figure out how I'm gonna pull together a head gasket replacement, Can anyone tell me if this is a head gasket leak? It's dried up in this photo but deffinately coolant/or oil coming out at this spot.
    Thanks!
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Inwood WV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4D56-T
    although that is the headgasket, you have oil trailing from above, that can run down to it

Array
    Status
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55
    Yeah hey. It is most deffinately leaking where I've highlighted. Time to swap the gasket and hope the head is still good.
    Thanks

Array
    Status
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55
    An update...

I flushed my coolant, and switched out thermostat with one rated for 82degees Celcius. Since that, I've been running a little cooler than usual, and have yet to have a temp spike, like it did before. Where it was leaking in this photo, it's not anymore since using some stealseal. What are peoples thoughts on driving with this situation? I know its a very temporary fix, but I'm in a spot where I need to drive, and dont have the $ for a full repair at the moment. Other than the visual leak, no other signs of bad headgasket failure. Just wondering so I can maybe be less nervous while driving, or maybe more for that matter, haha. Thanks again.