Array
    Status
    asheboro nc
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V6

Finally starting my build

What's up guys/ladies. I have a 92 mighty max that I have had for about 3 years. I drove it for a little bit but couldn't ever get rid of the skip that my wore out 2.4 had. So I pulled the 2.4 and transmission out and gave them to my dad who used the head for his 83 2.0. I then parked my truck for almost a year now. I bought a 85 4.3 non vortec from a friend that I was just going to rebuild and put in my truck. But when I started tearing into it I found a broken piston skirt in the oil pan and found some scarring in the cylinder. So that led me to where I'm at now. My regular wimpy 4.3 mm is now going to be a dual purpose mini truck/drag truck. As the truck sits now it has heated springs and 3" blocks and minus a leaf from the previous owner. So I will be replacing the front springs just so I can daily it til I get everything to do my coilovers front and rear ladder bars and for 9". But as of now I have a 4.3 block that's getting bored 30. I bought a comp 280/525 full roller cam kit along with 96+ vortec heads edelbrok dual plain intake Holley 750 carb hei billet dizzy turbo 350 transmission with shift kit and 3000 stall. I'll be running titan wheels on a stock rearend until I get my Ford 9" then I'll have titan steelies in the front and welds in the back. I'm going to see if I can find someone who can add to the rear titan steelies to get a good staggard wheel for the rear when I'm not at the track. But for now I'm just trying to get it back on the road because I'm tired of it sitting. Later plans will include the coilover conversion ladder bars for 9" rearend and a procharger or blow through turbo setup. Battery and fuel cell will be in the bed. As for body wise I'm cutting down a c10 phantom grill turning my corner lights into turn signals 4 inch cowl hood and a ss style front bumper for a square body s10. I'll add pics as soon as I figure out how to from my phone.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Welcome aboard Mightytweak. Grab yourself a place to post your build progress and go for it. Be sure to post images of your build and never be afraid to ask questions. Keep us updated!

Sure glad it only took 3 years to make a decision on a build.

Array
    Status
    asheboro nc
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Yea its taken a while. I'm a single father with full custody and no handouts so money has to be saved and go to responsible stuff first. I just knew I didn't want to sell it. I sold my first 92 mm about 10 years ago and kicked myself everyday after til I bought my "new" 92 mm. When it warms up a little I'll be back to working on it more. I tried uploading a pic of some of the parts and my truck but it wouldn't from my phone. I even downloaded that Tapatalk app and it wouldn't either. But I'll keep taking pics and when I get a little farther into the build I'll load them from a computer.