Thread: Just joined the dodge ram 50 club... Well actually my daughter will be...

Hybrid View

Array
    Status
    az
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Just joined the dodge ram 50 club... Well actually my daughter will be...

Hello, making my first post here because I just picked up a dodge ram 50 for $375, It is an 87 4x4. I actually purchased it as my daughters first vehicle. It's been sitting for a couple of years so I have the carb off it at the moment, gonna take it to work and put it through the carb cleaning tank. Hopefully that will get it up and running at the very least and i can start focusing on getting it cleaned up and drive able. I dont have a lot of questions as of right now but I am sure I will once I get the carb back on and am trying to get it passed emissions (I am more of a fuel injection guy than a carb guy).

That said, looking forward to the fun of getting this truck back on the road.

Mike.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi mike96, welcome to mightyram. $375 is a steal! No doubt you have seen FI is very do-able on the 2.6 so it might be an option for you sometime in the future. How it will pass emissions with injection as it wasn't a factory option will be anyone's guess, but it does make a noticeable difference on how the 4G54 runs. Keep us posted on progress, ask questions - and take pics!

Array
    Status
    Tampa
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G61
    $375?! lucky you! that would be a nice vehicle to rebuild. good luck!

Array
    Status
    Georgia
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G63
    Welcome.....got pictures...???

Array
    Status
    az
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Yea, I suppose I should show off the purchase. I need to get some better pictures in the day time but for now...20160124_212838_resized.jpg