Array
    Status
    Tustin, CA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T

4d56 head-installing injectors

Well, my new head is here from jolly old England. It is a thing of beauty. I am trying to install the new injectors in the new head (when you have a 32 year old truck that word new doesn't come around too often). The manual says "fit a new nozzle tip gasket". Just what do they mean by fit? The copper gasket that came with the head set don't fit over the tip. I have tried two sets and they are both the same. My calipers show 9.93mm for the hole in the gasket and 10.70 for the injector. The new gaskets also won't fit the old injectors. If I look down the hole in the old head for the injector, it appears that the copper gasket has been forced around the old injector. If I drop the copper gasket into the head I can't start the threads on the injector. What am I missing in my understanding of that word "fit"? Perhaps a bigger hammer?

Array
    Status
    Inwood WV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4D56-T
    are your gaskets from a 83 d55? my understanding is they use a smaller injector thread

Array
    Status
    Tustin, CA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T
    I don't think that is the case. The head gasket set says 84 and later and the other set came with the new head. They are both the same.