Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, NC
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

94 *free* Mighty Max

hey guys and gals! Just picked up a 94 Mighty Max 2wd. 123k for free! I Like it, rides good. this is my first Mitsu i have ever owned. I was going to work this morning and wouldnt you know it, Maint req'd, brake and battery come on. After further inspection, my alternator belt ripped off. can't figure why the brakes lights came on tho???????? ANyway, look forward to getting this max just right, and helping others on here. Also, tailgate parts, where do you get them from? lever is gone, and so are the body hooks (where tailgate secures to). The guts may be bad as well...please point me in a direction on this tailgate issue. Thanks for the add

0121161716.jpg0121161717.jpg

AJ

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Hey Carolina (and neighbor) welcome to the forum.

"Maintenance required" means it's time for a new timing belt...every 60,000 miles, the current mileage reflects that. Fear not: it isn't terrilbly expensive, and you have all the information you need right on this forum. (Get a shop manual, anyways...they're good to have).

You paid way too much for your truck

Best of results to you! Keep your eyes out for junk yard or farm-yard parts trucks. Tailgate can run up to $100...maybe for now just leave it off or use a truck jock~strap.

You can find your engine type by looking at the tag on the left side of the firewall. Get us some photos of the engine, wouldja!?
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by royster View Post
    You paid way too much for your truck
    Play nice Roy, you'll spook the noobs lol.

Hi Carolina, welcome to mightyram. These things will run forever if they are maintained. Well the ripped alt belt explains the charge light coming on! There's a thread on where to start in the members introductions section - http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...and-do-it-ASAP
    If you suspect the timing belt hasn't been done, get onto it (if it's a 4G64 engine). A blown timing belt will cause a whole world of heartache. If you have a question or problem the answers will definitely be here.

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, NC
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    0121161925a.jpg0121161924a.jpg

Heres your pics! (so demanding, LOL! Noobs get sensitive! Ha!) Also, power steering pump was leaking right onto the alternator and the belt, mu guess is the power steering fluid was leaking which accelerated the belts deterioration. The leak seems to be coming from the bolt and nut holding on the hose which is connect to the pump on the top. Any suggestions? Rebuild, buy a new one, try a junkyard....? Called Autozone, its going to be about 25.00 for all belts.

Let me know what you think!

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by royster View Post
    Get us some photos of the engine, wouldja!?
    Thanks! Looks good! http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...chmentid=15523
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Looks grubby but good. 4G64 - 2.4 litre Sirius engine. Power steering and air con! Very nice