Array
    Status
    Hilo hawaii
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Advise is welcome. Aloha

Pplz I'm trying to rebuild my 92 mighty max runs but I hear a whining sound? I need to change the fuel pump replace shocks struts tie rods steering bars etc. don't know what that whining noise is? Replaced radiator tires hoses no ac no power steering. Where should I start first? I'm like the few here in hawaii with this truck and want to rebuild and start a club as it is 25 yrs old?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    When is it making the noise? On the road, when you rev it, any particular gear etc?

Array
    Status
    Hilo hawaii
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    On the road between 4th and fifth gear

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    i have had something similar happen to me. if the bed of the truck is bowed inward toward the cab that can cause a bit of a whine. easily fixed because the metal is so thin. happens every other time i load my dirtbike. just a guess. any idea of the general area that is coming from?

Array
    Status
    Hilo hawaii
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    So another question there is a another whining squeaking seems like from my alternator belt seeking mostly changed the timing and water pump. Happens mostly when I'm at idle on a stop

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    A squealing belt can be one of 3 thing's. 1-belt to loose and at lower rpm it doesn't have enough grip on the pulley, 2- warn out belt so it slips at low rpm or 3- a bearing is going on the alt. and at lower rpm under load the belt slips.

Take the belt off and wiggle the pulley on the alt. to see if it moves. then spin the pulley and feel for drag or listen for either a grinding or crunching sound as you spin it. If you feel or hear anything then your alt. bearing is probably starting to fail.If it has none of these problems then it's probably the belt.

Inspect the belt for glazing and cracks on the inside ribs if there is any then replace the belt. When you replace the belt tighten it until you have about 1/2" deflection when tight (push up and down on the longest free area between the pulleys)

I hope this helps some.