Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

steering box adjustment

So I've been search and searching and read my Haynes/Chilton manual and can't come up with how to adjust my super loose steering gear box. I know, lock nut and a flathead for adjustment, but im not sure if there's anything special about these boxes or not? 88 mighty max 2.0 2wd, manual steering.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Need the tool for that bad boy, lol Loosen that big cogged bolt thingy and spin the inner adjuster that has the 8 holes in it would be my best guess. Tuff place to fit a tool, be careful not to over tighten or your steering wheel will stick and not return to center on it's own.

PS. need a bigger picture, JK!!!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    +1 on that. My guess is you'll need a 'C' spanner and a pin spanner like the ones you use on angle grinders - back off the locking collar with the 'C' spanner, wind in the centre adjuster til it feels right, lock up the collar. And what's wrong with the pic Brad? It's nice to be able to actually see what the post is about for once (...what did I do with my glasses? )

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Sweet thank you guys, I'll try to size the pin spanner from my angle grinder, had to stop at the parts store tommorow anyways. I've been following forums for awhile, and seen some pretty crappy blurry photos, so I figured a big HD photo would get straight to the point lol

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    So i got a hold of a spanner wrench and have had no such luck getting the box loose to adjust it. It's just to much of a damn right spot to get to. Just wondering if anyone had any tips for adjusting it via taking off the intake manifold or taking the box out itself Or possibly relolacing it with a scrap yard one with the regular nut and bolt style?