Array
    Status
    Pollock Pines CA
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T

Looking for my long lost D-50 with Ford 5.0

Back around the year 1999 I took a diesel D-50 that had a bad head and did an EFI Mustang 5.0 swap. It was a 2WD. I think it was a 1982. I put in R&P steering, a disc brake D44 from an Isuzu Rodeo, etc. It had a T5 5 speed, hybrid Ford/Mitsu AC, etc. It was stock, faded brown with a black hood. I had Isuzu/Honda Passport 16 inch wheels on it.
    I sold the truck in 2001 I think. I would like to find it and possibly buy it back. Does anyone know where it is? This all took place in Sacramento, CA. I think the guy lived in Carmichael and he had purchased a Z car with an American V8 as well. I think the guy was in his mid 50s to 60s.

Please email me at broth at sanjuan dot edu if you know anything.
    Thanks!
    Brian

Array
    Status
    Pollock Pines CA
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T
    And, even though no one has replied, I remember it was actually a Mighty Max.

Anyone seen anything like it? I had a custom air dam on it. I'll try to find some pictures.

Array
    Status
    Pollock Pines CA
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    4 years in the life of any vehicle is long - a lot can happen. Is there any way you can track the registration through DMV? Your pics probably don't do your MM justice. It looks like it was a strong runner with all the work you put into it. Good luck finding it, hope you get some good news

Array
    Status
    Pollock Pines CA
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    4 years in the life of any vehicle is long - a lot can happen. Is there any way you can track the registration through DMV? Your pics probably don't do your MM justice. It looks like it was a strong runner with all the work you put into it. Good luck finding it, hope you get some good news
    Agreed, but it's actually been about 14 years since I sold it!

It was a great truck. I drove it for 7 years with 3 different Ford small blocks. The last go around I repositioned the engine closer to the firewall and went EFI and added the R&P steering. T5 5 speed transmission. The AC was ice cold. I've done a lot of builds since then. This was my 2nd favorite of all time.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I have no idea what I was looking at - I read the date as 2011! 14 years is a lifetime in a workhorse like these little trucks. If it's still on the road you have a chance of getting it back unless the current owner is really attached to it. If not then it might be time for a new clean canvas. You learned a lot from the original build and it will help you capitalise on building an even better D-5o or a MM.

Array
    Status
    Pollock Pines CA
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Yes I suppose you're right. For now, though, I need to finish this.
    IMG_4616.JPG
    Mid engine VW Mk1 Rabbit

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    mid engined...Rabbit? That is one COOL project.

Array
    Status
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    What the devil? What did you use for your front axle? A truck front end? How are the rear tires driven? I have a million questions right now for that rabbit. Reminds me of this sort of...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuHI...CEA3BC&index=2
    Only I assume your build is probably classier than this.
    I imagine you just have the motor sideways and driving your wheels similar to as if it was in the front of the car but then I wonder what you did with all the steering stuff to fix the wheels. Please inform us!

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    This actually wouldn't be as hard to rig up as you'd think but there are some issues like fuel tank location and gear shift linkages that need to be rock solid (I'm not saying this is a cake walk but if you know how to use a welder and a tape measure you're mostly on your way). This little thing will be crazy fun to drive on the road! I've seen lots of small cars that have had the MR conversion on them. One I remember seeing was a twin engined Golf VR6! Another lunatic has squeezed a V10 twin turbo Lambo engine into the rear of a Golf. They were even selling Toyota Yaris shells ready modified for MR from Japan at one point.