Array
    Status
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

Drop Spindles

I don't know much about this upgrade or its availability for each model of our truck, so I figured we could get a discussion going about where to buy them, what to watch for, installation tips, etc.

I'll throw the first question out there: is there a difference between first and second gen (drop) spindles for 2WD models? This website http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/spi-do79xx.htm has the same part listed for all years from '79 to '06! haha good one guys! Also, maybe ignore that their advertised price is higher than the shown list price at the time I started this thread... So it this site/company bogus or are they really the same between both generations?

-RHP

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    I believe they are the same for first and second gen. And that is about the only place to get them for our trucks.

Array
    Status
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Yup, that's it. It's the same part for all. And they're the only place selling them. Some how they cornered the market on those. Get them now because it seems the price just keeps going up. When I first bought my truck in '01, I wanted to get some and at the time the sold them for $189. I tried waiting until the price went down, but it never did. I finally bought a set, but haven't had a chance to install them. I'll work on it sometime soon, hopefully when the temps get below 100 here in Oklahoma.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The only difference is the position of the caliper mounting - it is set up for 2nd gen trucks, meaning that the splash shields from a 1st gen can't be used unless they are cut to fit. This also means that a 1st gen truck can be upgraded to 2nd gen or montero calipers and hubs for performance brakes. I will be doing this conversion as soon as I get the brakes lines fron the calipers to the hoses made for the 2nd gen calipers I have.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    yeah i was gonna add some info....but yeah that about sums it up.

hey sergioT---hurry up and get those damn spindles on ...lol glad i could hook you up man.

Array
    Status
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I have the airbagit 2" spindles on my 90 mm with 17" caddy wheels and I had to grind down the tie rod ends so the inside lip of the rim didn't rub. Has anyone else had to do this or is my truck just special?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    You need a rim with deferent back spacing. Now you have a chance of a crack on the tie rod end.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Definately the wrong back spacing; a 1/2 " spacer would be a better solution to the clearance problem. Did you grind the spindle at the tie rod arm or the tie rod itself?
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980