Array
    Status
    van alstyne, tx
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

New blower resistor harness wired backwards

86 low speed blower inop. I finally found a place with a replacement resistor assembly. It is part of a complete harness connecting the switch to the motor. The connector on the motor can only fit one way. It never occurred to me to check out the new harness.

I get it all back together and the motor now has three speeds but only puts out enough air to barely feel it on high. Long story shortened is that the motor was running backwards. I had to remove the wires from the plastic plug on the blower and reverse them.

I don't know if the harness had some positive ground application or I was sabotaged by someone that was trying to get even for the day it was 5000C in Hiroshima.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Where did the assembly come from? And even more important - how's it working now? The blower running backwards would've cleared the leaves out that's for sure lol

Array
    Status
    van alstyne, tx
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B

AMAZON
    Four Seasons 20197 Blower Motor Resistor

by Four Seasons

Be the first to review this item

List Price:$100.00
    Price:[COLOR=#B12704 !important]$29.71
    You Save:$70.29 (70%)

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#008A00 !important]Only 1 left in stock.

[/COLOR]
    Estimated Delivery Date: Dec. 30 - Jan. 7 when you choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.

Ships from and sold by BarMac Automotive.

• DODGE PU-MINI 86-82/MITSUBISHI MIGHTY MA
    • RESISTOR BLOCK

Array
    Status
    van alstyne, tx
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Where did the assembly come from? And even more important - how's it working now? The blower running backwards would've cleared the leaves out that's for sure lol
    Since it's a centrifugal blower it will still blow air even though it's turning backwards. The flow is just very weak. That made me think that the flapper valve that feeds the fan was not functioning properly. When I determined that it was working I deducted that it was not turning in the right direction and I pulled the entire harness and resistor out and compared it to the original.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    let me know how things progress on this blower motor elsupremo, I own an 86 also and the blower motor is barely working. Tired of my windows fogging and not clearing fast enough.

Array
    Status
    van alstyne, tx
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    My blower works great now on all three speeds. If your blower is working on all three speeds and still not moving much air I would check for obstructions on inlet side. Mine has A/C and I have a big German Shepherd that rides with me all the time. I have to remove the cover on the A/C evaporator regularly to clean out the massive amounts of hair that gets sucked in and slows down flow.

If your blower is missing low or medium speed then you need to replace the blower resistor like I did. If you do that I can help you out with some pictures on where it is located.