Thread: Weber 32/36 Questions

Array
    Status
    Greenville, NC
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50

Weber 32/36 Questions

If i buy the weber kit for my truck, do i need to rejet the carb after i put it on the truck, its a 2.6, rebuilt, balance shaft delete, i have an holley 5200 on it now, but it bogs really bad on low end and idles rough, will i see a benefit from weber, and would a pacestter header help along with the weber? Thanks in advance!!

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Holley 5200 is basically the same exact carb as the weber. Id just get your carb tuned and jetted appropriately and not spend money on a new carb. About the pacesetter im not sure, you might get a little bit of power with it but I haven't heard too much good things about pacesetters stuff, poor quality etc.

Array
    Status
    Greenville, NC
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Back about a year ago, i was gonna rejet the holley, but when i called up holley they said that jets for that carb where discontinued a long time ago and i havent seen any anywhere, i havent really looked anywhere, any info on where to find any would be great, thanks

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    I believe the holley carb uses the exact same jet as the weber carb but some more knowledgeable guys will be on soon enough to confirm that or not.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Another one I'm gonna throw this at: My engine builder, who built SCCA engines for a very long time, said do not delete the balance shafts. Little gain for the loss, and it requires a fair amount of time/effort that need not be spent.

Array
    Status
    Greenville, NC
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Acuta73 View Post
    Another one I'm gonna throw this at: My engine builder, who built SCCA engines for a very long time, said do not delete the balance shafts. Little gain for the loss, and it requires a fair amount of time/effort that need not be spent.
    What loss are you talking bout? I just bought a balance shaft delete kit and i asked around when i built my motor if all i had to do was install the kit, thats what i did, i havent had any problems out of it so far, i have around 20k miles on it now and going up about 600 miles a week, not saying that your engine builder is wrong, just taking in and learning everything i can about these lil trucks, thanks for the info.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The weber is a good idea if you want to have adjustability now and in the future. I have run one on Geronimo since 1983 and would never go back to stock or a holley/weber 5200. The 5200 is an emissions carb and can be a bear to get to run on anything other than what it was built for. I have run every header ever made for the 2.6 except the hooker, which was out of production before I could get one; the pace setter header is a max horsepower header, and the quality is poor. Expect to reweld the pipes to the flange to get a good seal. The best header I ever had(and now have again) is a Doug Thorley tri-y header, built for max torque. Contact them for availability - if they don't have one in stock, they can make one as they still have the jigs. It is the best one ever made, and even chrome finished. Mine was 225 + shipping; the pacesetter is 179 or so and can't compare. I'm about to change the pacesetter off Geronimo for a Doug Thorley header after Labor Day.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Hey everyone, does Weber make a carb with throttle linkage behind the carb that pull its way towards the engine? With the linkage nearest the firewall. Is there a Weber like that for 5 spd electric choke? most Webers seem to have a bar that allows for the throttle linkage facing the front.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The dfa(e)v has the linkage in the rear and rotates to the motor just like the Mikuni. A stands for automatic choke, e for electric; there is a water choke option - don't have a weber book handy to post what the letter is
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980