Array
    Status
    sheffield, vt
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by mguinn View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the early models that had fiberglass stepside beds? I can't seem to find any documentation on them using Google. Thanks
    no extra charge for "a nude woman in the cab"

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ck-information

Array
    Status
    ellenwood, ga
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Other
    Thanks for the information!

Array
    Status
    Appleton Wisconsin
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Found 1981 Big Horn, Purchase Interest?

Joined Mighty Ram 50 for a friend, he just picked up a D50 Big Horn in north west Wisconsin, he was going to strip it and butcher it until we found this site and how rare these are. He is fixing up an 83 Diesel, he wants me to post pictures of this 1981 Big Horn to gauge interest of anyone wanting to buy it whole, as is. I couldn't find where to do a new post on this site so i am replying to this old one.
    IMG951576.jpgIMG951575.jpgIMG951578.jpgIMG951580.jpgIMG951581.jpg

Array
    Status
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaque View Post
    Attachment 15294 Is this a rare truck? 1982 power ram 50 with a sunroof.
    Loved this truck when they came out.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Where are the seats for the Big Horn? They are an important part of the whole package. My 81 Big Horn is straighter, but the decals are toast and the seats are shredded, but enough is left to be able to reproduce the pattern. Pics of mine are in the Gallery section. Does it run, and is it auto or manual. You must be a member of the site to sell on here - it only costs $10.00 to join forever.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    This truck would've look awesome with a full set of those machined wheels It's not that badly beat on - it would be a good canvas to consider resto-modding it. The rust is no worse than most Gen 1's I'm used to seeing and with a big clean and some wax might be enough to inspire someone to take it on as a project.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    Joined Mighty Ram 50 for a friend, he just picked up a D50 Big Horn in north west Wisconsin, he was going to strip it and butcher it until we found this site and how rare these are. He is fixing up an 83 Diesel, he wants me to post pictures of this 1981 Big Horn to gauge interest of anyone wanting to buy it whole, as is. I couldn't find where to do a new post on this site so i am replying to this old one.
    IMG951576.jpgIMG951575.jpgIMG951578.jpgIMG951580.jpgIMG951581.jpg
    To post choose a section then there should be a link at the top left corner of the list of threads for new thread. Isn't the single headlight a 2nd gen thing?

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Some came with a single headlight option - the D50 Sport is in that category. Most are 4"x6" dual headlight and the first of the Gen 1 builds had dual round headlights available as an option but not for the US market it appears.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I was bored so I searched this truck. It is rare this is the only one online other than the one here. I sent an email http://davidsclassiccars.com/dodge/1...n-edition.html

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    That truck is now mine - that is an old posting. And it is not for sale - pictures in the gallery of it here in the 'burgh. In the US, all D-50s, Ram 50s and Plymouth Arrow trucks through 82 were 2 headlight models. They discontinued the Arrow truck, and the Ram 50 trucks went to 4 headlights in 83 - the MMM trucks had the 2 headlight grilles through mid 86 when the 2nd gen trucks were introduced.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Appleton Wisconsin
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Hello all, he has the original seat out already, it is the bench type, it had no keys so he still has
    to get a switch and key to see if it will run but were pretty sure it will as the oil & coolant looked clean.
    It is an Automatic, 2.6 my buddy says. It was running and was bought by a Salvage yard in July, the
    junk yard called my buddy and said he got one in, we took parts off of it on August 10th. Found out
    how rare it was so we saved it from crushing and my friend bought it from the junk yard and brought
    it to his shop.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    that truck came with buckets - bet they swapped it for a bench when the bucket seat covers shredded. If you want to try and start it, just unscrew the ignition switch from the back of the lock assembly and start it with a screwdriver.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    that truck came with buckets - bet they swapped it for a bench when the bucket seat covers shredded. If you want to try and start it, just unscrew the ignition switch from the back of the lock assembly and start it with a screwdriver.
    GENTLY. It won't take much to bust the barrel switch but this is the easiest way to see if it'll fire up and run.

Array
    Status
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaque View Post
    Attachment 15294 Is this a rare truck? 1982 power ram 50 with a sunroof.
    Any chance you or whomever would want to sell that sunroof?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I had a truck I scrapped with a sunroof - the single panel roof on these trucks makes it almost impossible to keep it from leaking. My friend Trkdesigner may still have his from his 81 Arrow pickup - I will ask him if he wants to sell it.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Mimbres, NM
    Vehicle

1979 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    I think I have the rarest, the Plymouth Arrow Sport. Iv'e seen a few of the Dodge variants driving around in my town, but I have never seen (or heard of) another Plymouth Arrow Sport.

Array
    Status
    Mimbres, NM
    Vehicle

1979 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Anyone ever heard of the Plymouth Arrow Sport? I think it's among the rarest, I've never seen one that isn't my own.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Sports were not an option in Australia. The Gen 1 truck I bought would've been classed as a 'Royal' - it had full cab trim and plastic scuff guards on the door sills, cloth door panels and cloth bucket seats. Some idiot who had the truck before it was taken off the road hacked the door trims and doors with a jigsaw to install really crap 6x9" speakers and the seats had cigarette burns on them (both looked like they were in very good shape before the idiot got the truck). The main drawcard for me buying this truck was the dealership installed Air International air conditioning. So far it's the only surviving Gen 1 truck I have ever seen with A/C here in Oz.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I almost bought a 1980 arrow sport - it was white with the 4 color block stripes with color matched wheels - the inverse of Geronimo's original paint and decal package - he was black with 4 color block stripes. Other 1980 Sport models had the multicolor stripes that ran high down the sides with painted wagon wheels. The block stripe graphics were the top of the line sports in 1980. We need pics of your arrow sport - condition not important.
    Pennyman1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12