Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

32/36 DFAV Adjustment.

I really need some help, I need to know how to adjust my 32/36 DFAV carburetor, Yes DFAV. It has two screws, one on each barrel, and the secondary is missing its screw, anyway, WHAT DO THEY DO AND WHAT ARE THEY FOR????
    Weber Screw.jpgWeber Screw Gone.jpg100_1921.jpg

Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Ok, I contacted Weber and this is what they said:

Well your missing one

carb wont run with this missing

these are idle jets not screws there should have been a brass threaded jet holder and a small jet that pushed into it in the missing hole

confirm the jet sizes and we can help with two issues improved economy and performance

If you have the jet and just have it out to look confirm the sizes and the current best idle settings for the idle speed screw and the idle mixture screw

confirm how many turns in the idle speed screw needs to be to attain an idle of 850 to 900 rpm

confirm the number of turns out on the mixture screw to find the sweet spot smoothest best idle location. with these numbers and the jet sizes we can confirm your calibration correctness for econmy and performance with the current emissions fuels being supplied.

fuels do change each year and if this carb has been on for a few years it would be something that will help to improve the function of your carburetor no rebuild needed jet recalibration for leaner emissions fuels.

we offer a jet pac with tuning guide and instructions for this situation. if your missing this jet you will need a jet holder along with the jet pac.

Now I just need to find out my jet sizes.