Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

montero seats in mighty max

Hey guys ive already seen the thread about this but i still have a question. Are the seat rails the same for buckets and benches? In my area there arent any bucket seats at all so i was wondering if i could just go snag the seat rails off of two bench seats and call it done? I would use the ones that came with mine but the previous owner already swapped them i would leave them but im short and its uncomfortable trying to reach the shifter. They mounted them too far back and they did a bad job in general. Thanks in advance.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    If I remember from doing my own bucket seats, the inner rails (at the driveshaft tunnel) are the same the outer rails. I ended up fabricating them did just as you proposed (I had an extra bench seat). The bolt holes for inner mounts are already in place, and should have bolts in them: they came that way from the factory.

I'll warn you: getting those mounting brackets off the bench seat is a real piece o' work.
    Last edited by royster; 12-17-2015 at 03:05 PM.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    North Carolina
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    I used the bench seat eails from a 2nd gen MM, to install the Montero passenger seat in my truck. It was a easy swap, only 4 bolts hold the rails on the seats.

Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Alrighty thanks guys.

When i try to swap them im going to try to put in hardbody bench and buckets just so other users know how they fit. Im fairly confident that a hardbody bench will fit although yoy might have to bend the mounts a bit in the front. I will update this thread with pics once i source some brackets.

Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Alright guys I finally found some rails. They are bench seat rails the swap is really easy just 4 bolts on each seat then just cut the cable to length. As royster said the holes are already there all you have to do is cut your carpet and bolt on.