Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

ram 50 4x4 km145 differences

i have a 88 ram 50 4x4 2.6 g54b with the km145 transmission, i bought a 90 ram 50 4x4 2.4 with the km145. The output shaft is different is there any other known differences? my problem is that the clutch wont disengage. to make it clear when i push in the clutch it doesn't do anything. the cable is good and its moving the throw out arm on the transmission, any ideas. is it possible the clutch is stuck since its been sitting up for 6 months or is something different about the transmission?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    pressure plate is stuck, or disk is stuck to the pressure plate - remove the inspection cover and look in there with a mirror. Or the arm is broke inside of the bell housing so the outside moves, but not the inside
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    The arm movement and no disengage also sounds like the spring in the bell housing possibly could of come off it's mounting. I can bet the trany needs to drop and some work inside that housing will be better diagnosed. Doesn't take too long to pull a trany, about 2 hours or less. Besure to mark the driveshaft before removal.