Array
    Status
    ocala, Fl
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

ISO a manifold so I can turbo my 86 mm g63b

I need to know where I can get a bolt on manifold to turbo a carburated g63b

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    there is no bolt on manifold in the US you can get to turbo a carbed g63b. However, if you can find one, the austrailian starion had a turbo 2.0 motor with a carb - I know it exists - I traded Noahwins for one for my 86 project truck with the g63b.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    there is no bolt on manifold in the US you can get to turbo a carbed g63b. However, if you can find one, the austrailian starion had a turbo 2.0 motor with a carb - I know it exists - I traded Noahwins for one for my 86 project truck with the g63b.
    Aust model Starions used a single injector ECI set up (poor mans' fuel injection) I have never heard of or seen any draw through turbo set up on Australian built/sold vehicles other than the GH Sigma turbo. Only other engine Mitsubishi engine I've personally seen with a draw through turbo was a FWD G32B (just horrid...and pointless. An N/A 1.8 would've been making just as much HP)

That being said, using a similar designed draw through turbo installation to the 4G52 turbo engine would be simple enough. A bridge pipe from the turbo to the inlet manifold, an upward facing turbo with a V band adapter for a CD175 style Stromberg + external waste gate and start winding boost (I'm over simplifying it as you'll need to get the distributor to work correctly but the plumbing part is straightforward)