Thread: 1984 Power Ram 50 : Small Block, SAS.

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8

1984 Power Ram 50 : Small Block, SAS.

My first truck (still own it). A 1984 Power Ram 50 Sport. She's had more than a few engines in her (mostly a 2.6), but for various periods of time she had a 4D55T, a 4D56T, a Chrysler 3.9L V6 and then a Chrysler 273 Small Block V8 from a retired drag car. Mileage is unknown, it's way up there and the odometer has rolled over several times.

Poor ol' girl is fitted with a SAS (Narrowtrack Dana 44 and a B-Body 8.75" Rear), 4" of Suspension Lift, 2" of Body Lift. Custom Tube Bumpers with a 10k Winch (Front) and 12k Winch (Rear), Roll Bar and Sliders.

Drivetrain is a radical 273 Small Block, a TF727 with a Semi-Auto (TF2) Shift Kit and B&M Ratchet Shifter, and a KM100/NP203 Transfer Case Doubler. 4.10 Gears, 33" Tires (most of the time) and Full-Time 4WD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hznLc_EVLJs

She's a bit rough around the edges and has been around the block a few times in her life, but it's the truck I plan to keep my entire life. Currently, she's parked. The front axle (D44 Narrowtrack) is worn out. The plan is to replace the D44 Narrowtrack with a Dana 60, and replace the 8.75" Rear with a Dana 60 as well. Swap out the 273 for a 5.2L Magnum Stroker (390cid), Swap the TF727 for a NV4500 5-Speed and custom fit a set of aftermarket early Toyota Off-Road Fenders/Quarters to the truck to widen her by 3" on each side (plus 3" Fender Flares) to cover the additional width of the Dana 60's

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    This is one mean bit of gear. It has worn some massive shoes in its time too! Your wiring hurts my head though - I would go into melt down mode trying to figure it out

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    The wiring only looks scary, for the most part it's a stock diesel harness with a '76 W100 engine harness plugged into it. Most of the visible wires are dedicated grounds (alternator is a 200 amp Mopar Military Alternator that requires a ground wire directly to the battery)

It is a mean monster, that small block turned it into a downright nasty machine