Array
    Status
    Jacksonville Fl
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

Rusted gas tank.

I've been working on my car to get it working today I cracked open the gas tank and the assembly was rusted bad. I hear finding a gen 2 mm/d50 gas tank is very hard, so I decided to buy a fuel cell instead and mount it on the frame. This is my first project car I don't have alot of experience with cars but I'm not illiterate. So my question is, at one point I'm gonna engine swap this car what kinda of gas tank or fuel parts (for the fuel tank half) will I need to buy so I don't waste money down the line when I get to engine swapping. Right now it's stock.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    What engine are you swapping to? Efi, you would benefit from getting a cell set up got that with a built in surge tank and return lines.

Something that is gona need a lot of fuel g get a tank with suitable supply line diameter

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville Fl
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    I'm not 100% sure I wanted something fast but not over the top, decent gas, keep the ac. Do you have any recommendations? I saw someone did a 318 and I see alot about turbo charged 4g64 with the swapped valve cover.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    For simplicity (no transmission swaps and fabrication) go for a 4G64 hybrid turbo build. Keep the block, source a turbo and manifold from a SOHC G62B or G63B Mitsubishi like a Cordia or Tredia. A quick search came up nada for an aftermarket turbo manifold, but if you want info -

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...G64-Turbo-Kits

A lot of guys also swapped twin cam heads from 4G63's which solved some parts issues but bear in mind that they are designed for FWD cars so there is some messing around to reconfigure to RWD.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville Fl
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    https://www.fastwayracer.com/p3316/9...duct_info.html I found this. maybe someone could find this useful. id definitely buy if I had extra cash.