Array
    Status
    MA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Frame questions

Several years ago I replaced the rear section of frame on my 89 extra cab (bottom pics). The motor/tranny and body are all in really good shape, but the frame just ahead of the rear axle (where it dips down) is now shot (see pics). The guy who fixed my frame last time does not want to touch it now as the fix is much more complicated than the original fix on the rear section.

I'm now looking for a complete frame. I found one online that is from another 89 Ram 50, but don't know much about it (no description other than "Frame, 89 Ram 50"). I'm going to call them but need to know what questions to ask. I know to ask if it's 2wd or 4wd, but my questions to you folks are:

Can a 4WD frame be used on a 2WD (which is what I have) without much hassle?
    What differences were there in 89 Ram 50's (different wheelbases, as I see photos online of extra cabs like mine, but then I see regular cabs which look like the same bed which would have to be shorter).

The frame I found is 330 miles away and willing to travel, but don't want to get there and find it won't work considering the distance and fuel.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    MA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    D-50 PICS 001.jpg

Here is what I found. Regular cab longbed vs my extra cab shortbed, but it is a 2wd like mine. From the other pics he sent the front bed mounts are definitely different (which isn't a big deal), I'm just not sure what else. It's a 700 mile round trip, so I want to make sure before I go.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    the regular cab longbed and extra cab shortbed are the same wheelbase and length, the mounts will need to be moved to match the extracab shortbed. Hope the new frame is clean!
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980