Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8

87 Power Ram 50 Flatbed

I'm putting this truck back together to use a Daily Driver / Beater, it was formerly a Parts Truck for a truck that is now junk (so i'm returning all those parts back to this truck)

2.6L / KM145, 8' Flatbed (Currently has a 9' Dumpbed on it)

Nothing fancy in options : Power Steering, Tinted Windows, Rear Sliding Window, Moonvisor. Swapping in a set of Eagle Talon Bucket Seats to shave some weight off the truck, and removing the Snow Plow

It had a new front end, new brakes, new clutch, new master cylinder and a 6" Lift before it was parked

Needs a new Core Support (to be donated from whats left of the other truck), and some small repairs.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Looks like you have some auxillary lighting On the front. Do you have a picture of it with the plow on it?

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    Quote Originally Posted by 4doorciv View Post
    Looks like you have some auxillary lighting On the front. Do you have a picture of it with the plow on it?
    None of that truck, just my other plow trucks.

The Dakota with an 8.5' Snow Plow, Plow Lights and a set of Fog Lights

Another old Power Ram 50 (the one that "borrowed a bunch of parts from the '87) Plow Lights, Fog Lights (set to turn on only with the Truck side Low Beams), A set of Driving Lights and a 10k Winch.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Wow thoughs look heavy. I've driven through snow but never seen the need for a plow. That was when I was visiting my family in washington state. I'm guessing your plow truck has some major rust issues with all the road salt. Keep us posted on the build.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    from the looks of where he lives he could put it to use to get to civilization. i have a plow set up ...its not on a road legal truck but it makes me money.
    you never know when you are gonna need one.

hey 74--do you contract through the state and plow for them..im thinking about doing that from now on.

any updates with this build

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    Quote Originally Posted by l.k. View Post
    from the looks of where he lives he could put it to use to get to civilization. i have a plow set up ...its not on a road legal truck but it makes me money.
    you never know when you are gonna need one.

hey 74--do you contract through the state and plow for them..im thinking about doing that from now on.

any updates with this build
    Yeah it's pretty much one of those "without it, you aint going nowhere" deals. Nah, i don't plow for the state, just my own property and some family members, and a couple neighbors.

Not a whole lot has happened with the '87 (or my '84), some health problems in the family at the moment, my mind is elsewhere. I'm combining the Red Truck and the Silver Truck though to rebuild the Silver Truck (the 87). Here's some shots 2009 i beleive, i can't remember.

We got about 30" of snow overnight by 4am (when i took those pictures) and it continued to fall most of the day too. the red '86 (2nd gen that manufactured in June 1986) was the only truck on the road that day, even the state plow trucks were nowhere to be found.

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    Ever get one of those nights of insomnia where you mind just won't turn off? I'm having one right now, so i'm cleaning the garage... And then a brainfart hit me

Lifted CrewCab Longbed D50

Since I have 2 2nd Gen Cabs (both in need of repairs. One needs a Front Clip, Fenderwells, Core Support, etc. The other has those parts, but is stripped of interior, needs rocker panels, floorpans, etc).

I have the frame bare anyway, was planning on doing some frame mods for a 4" Lift on the front suspension. It wouldn't be much further out of my way to extend the frame.

The plan was to use modified Doors in the rear (with side windows from a Jeep pickup) for a Full Length Rear Door on each side, with the Rear Bench Seat from a 1st Gen Extended Cab (ClubCab) Dakota for that extra bit of leg room. Alot of custom work? You bet? 1 of a kind, you bet

What makes it one of a kind? I plan on stretching the front clip several inches and ditching the 2.6L for a "Leaning Tower o' Power" The Chrysler Slant 6 (225cid) what it lacks in horsepower, it makes up for with the fact that they're impossible to kill and virtually the most reliable engine known to man. They moved countless Chrysler Muscle Cars (the stripped down/base model versions), 2WD Fullsize and some 4WD Fullsize trucks too. And there is an entire world of performance modifications out there for the 225 to build insane power (Turbocharged, Supercharged, 4BBL and 3x2BBL setups, MPFI, etc)

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the 2.6L (i'm running one in my '84 while i rebuild the diesel engine) It's just, I'm digging the idea of sticking a Slant 6 in my Truck It would be backed by a Torqueflite 904 (Slant 6 904, with the Tailshaft & Transfer Case from a Ram 50 "MA904" / KM148. which was a Torqueflite 904 with a 2.6L Case/Bellhousing) 3 things that will survive the end of the world... Cockroaches, Slant 6 engines and Torqueflite Transmissions

another upside to extending the front clip, more room for bigger tires

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    i like your idea. bitchin' concept and i'll definitely stay tuned to this thread. the four door idea is great.

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerRam348 View Post
    i like your idea. bitchin' concept and i'll definitely stay tuned to this thread. the four door idea is great.
    The 4-Door Idea isn't completely mine. Part of it was inspired by the Double Cab L200. and another part of it was based off of something my dad wanted to do a long time ago to my '84 D50 (now my truck, originally his). And then when i was lifting the cab off the frame of the '87 he said to me "Careful not to damage that, you could use it to build a Crew Cab." I didn't think anything of it at the time, because my mind was elsewhere (got dumped, so the only thing on my mind was getting drunk. lol)

Only my version of the "Double Cab" would feature full length rear doors, and a Longbed instead of that tiny thing they call a bed.

Oh and did i mention the truck is going to have a 1st Gen Front Clip? It's the crafty mating of a 1st Gen Fender to a 2nd Gen Fender, with a Quad Headlight Grille and a 1st Gen Hood. I was bored a few months ago (and eager to try out my new Flanging Tool), so i grafted about 15" of a damaged (rusted out and smashed in at the rear/bottom) 1st Gen Fender to a 2nd Gen fender that was smacked in at the front near the corner light. I was surprised to find that it actually looked really good, and with a little body work it would look factory (to people who don't know D50's)

I'll have to dig that fender out, it's in the shed at the moment, so i can get some pictures of it.