Array
    Status
    Mason ohio
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

1980 d50 sport. New to the group

Hey guys I'm new to the d50 mighty max trucks. I like my little old truck. Only has 152,000 miles lots of rust, lol. And I need a fender for it. Just wanted to say hello and possibly share pics and progress on getting this truck in to something neat.

Array
    Status
    Mason ohio
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    IMG_20151103_142758.jpg
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Welcome to mightyram Jkinnaman20. Your D-50 is looooow! These things are fun to drive and own. Is it running a 4G63 (belt drive) or a 4G52 (chain driven) engine? There will be a manufacturers plaque high up on the firewall in the engine bay identifying the engine type. Nice to see a new member that isn't asking how to fix their truck lol. p.s. that isn't rust - they're speed holes.

Array
    Status
    Mason ohio
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Thank you and yes its a little low. It needs a lot of attention. But just basic parts. I believe it's the chain driven motor. I haven't had to much time to mess with it under the hood. But will get some more info on it.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It seems to me the 4G52 2000cc Astron engine doesn't get much love but I have used one in a wagon I glued together from scraps and it was a great little hunk of iron. The 2 liter is much more rev happy than it's fatter big brother the 4G54 2.6. Some port work, a Weber carb and a set of headers from a 2.6 and it will go from gasping for breath to buzzing along very happily (swap the water pump mounted cooling fan for an electric thermo and it will help the engines throttle response and free up some engine bay space). Factory twin carbies were available for these engines but they will need a mild cam and few little tweaks to optimise them.