Here I go again....

Hey everyone, here's what happened....I woke up a couple of mornings ago to go to work (4:00 am pst) with ice on my windshield...fired up the truck and let it idle a bit then hit the wipers...they just slid across the ice...so I scraped off the ice and went on my way...a couple of times on the way I used the wipers (2 speed wipers, no intermittent speed) to clear the windshield...then at some point the wipers would not wipe anymore...they just would not turn on again...I thought maybe they froze to the windshield in the off position while driving...not the case. When I got in the truck to go home they still wouldn't work....nothing.

I have taken apart the wiper motor it appears to be fine, armature looks good..brushes are good, nothing appears to be worn out...the wiper switch feels and operates normally but the wipers don't move...the windshield washer works fine...before I spend 200-300 bucks for the new unit I though I would run this by the guys who know...anyone have any ideas where else to look?