Today I went on a little field trip to one of the local pick-a-part wrecking yards in search of a solution to my A/C dilemma (I'm planning on getting the aftermarket A/C in my '85 L200 upgraded but that's another tale - or thread, maybe...) and upon my exit I spotted a very sad and beaten blue Lancia Beta 2000 coupe at the end of a row. Me being me, I was curious and had a look over it. The lovely old school twin cam engine was intact and had one very filthy carb sticking out of it. A closer look revealed it was an Italian made Weber with a water choke and electric fuel cut solenoid and the throttle linkage turned clockwise (even though it had a lever action second linkage that pushed against it rather than pulling) So I made a deal and handed over the cash (a whole $42). It is gonna need one of my "Geezer magic" rebuilds to bring it into service but it should be a cake walk compared to a Mikuni teardown. In theory this should already have suitable jetting for a 4G63/G63B SOHC. Have I blown my cash or is this one of those 'fate' things?