Things have been busy at the shop and my truck was put on the back burner. Finally I'm to the point of starting reassembly with a completely new setup.
Has anyone done much drag racing with the 4wd trans and a 4g64/4g63t? We are rebuilding the stock transmission but making no changes over stock at this time. Are there any options to strengthen our transmissions/transfer case? I would really like to keep it 4wd but I'm concerned I'll break the transmission or transfer case sooner than later.
For now I'm using a stock pressure plate and a Comp 6 puck rigid disc with a lightened OEM flywheel, the clutch and flywheel have been balanced. If I can't get the cable system to work I'll be converting to a hydraulic setup and an Exedy twin, I broke 2 clutch cables this year.
After doing some reading I've decided to search for an LSD from an 83-87 Conquest/Starion for the front and an LSD from a 83-89 Montero for the rear end.
What gear options do I have for the rear?
This year I was launching in 4wd and shifting into 2wd in 3rd, I'm going to try that again this next year. I also have a set of 26" slicks I may try while in 2wd.
I haven't looked into suspension yet so any advice there is welcome.
Thanks guys!
B