Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm BACK!!!!!! 80 Plymouth airrow!

Array
    Status
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    It would help if I could post some pics. I will try when I get home. I am trying to figure out the best way to triangulate my lowers and get some cup ideas.

Array
    Status
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Also how he got away with no cutting the hood for the oil cap / valve cover.

Array
    Status
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

4G63
    I"M BACK AGAIN!! HAHA!!

I found this thread when I google searched Plymouth Arrow! I actually sold this truck in 2014...

And bought it back in 2016 LOL. It had 5 owners in 1.5 years... I didnt want my little baby to be treated like that!!

The truck is undergoing some kickass changes and i will post photos later!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Just had a glance through this thread. A freakin' cool project indeed! Where did you get the engine bay liner? First time I've ever seen anything like it. I think we all want to see how it has progressed through the many hands that have owned it since you got it back.

Array
    Status
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63
    The bedliner is LINE-X. I stripped the engine bay and had a professional company spray the entire core support and engine bay.

SO... here is a little story/history. I sold it as I had a ton of projects and needed to thin the herd... worst mistake.. I traded the truck to guy for his 2008 GSXR bike (worth 5500). Then he sold it to a guy for 3,000 plus a handgun. Then that guy traded the truck for someone else's motorcycle. Then another guy traded it for a civic, then traded back. The FINAL guy that had it, I traded him a 1979 Dodge D50 DUALLY Cali conversion and a 1984 datsun (motor was going out in the D50 Dually(I paid 500.00 for this truck)) and the datsun was in pieces (I got it for free). He wanted to keep the Intro wheels (I paid 2500.00 for these whees brand new, and they are offset FOR this Plymouth Arrow) but i sweet talked the wheels out of him for 400.00 cash. So for about 900.00 I got my Airrow back!!

The wire was so fucked on it... air suspension was neglected.. so to be safe, it needed a total restoration (in my opinion)

I wanted the truck to have a different look, now that I had gotten her back. I did a 3.5 inch chop-top on the cab. it was a pain in the ass, and the body work is not complete.. but I have been KILLING the Limbo contest at the local Texas car shows!! I took the truck for 1 year to shows with the Chop-top, before I decided to take her apart and clean her up!!

SO i got the truck completely taken apart.. cab off, bed off, etc. I got a 5 speed manual transmission from a 94 Mitzu mighty max (It looks almost identical to my 4 speed tranny!) that i'd like to use... the 4 speed sucked on highways going to shows. I want to paint the frame, and powder coat some pieces on the engine. I have a complete Painless wiring harness I'm going to run on the truck. This will probably take all year to build but I'm excited to finallly finish up my little Airrow after i first bought her in 2006!!

Photos to come.

Array
    Status
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63

Array
    Status
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63

Array
    Status
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63
    I need to either shorten the headers or bend them because the hang lower then the frame rails...

Also... did anyone see the 1 gen in stranger things!? I did!!!

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    OMG, your poor truck has been put through the wringer a couple of times. Looks like none of the PO's were Mitsubishi appreciaters. You'll dig the 5 cogger, the extra leg will get it cruising on open road. Too bad the mini truck site you had your thread on is now defunct, I would've liked to have seen the process you went through to build it.

Array
    Status
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63
    I have all the photos still in photo bucket.. I could recreate the build process from Then till now. Probably take me like half a day.. LOL

Array
    Status
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63
    Just and Update....Poor truck has been on the back burner of all my projects for some time. Ill get to it soon I hope!

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ...we feel your pain
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12